Broken Magura slave cyl.

So, 30 min into a ride today,, grab the clutch lever.. and........and.....and....nothing... Stop... look.. the SS wire that is the connection from the slave to the clutch lever broke right at the adjustment nipple. ? Rode back to the staging area and installed my back up system. And rode for a few more hours.. until.................... until I whacked my foot between the foot peg and a tree stump...... damn that hurt, ended the days ride.. Home we went,, and another visit to the ER.. ? Nothing broken,,,, but the toe is huge, and purple ? Thanks you Mr Tech8's.. Never,, never, never.. did I say never?,, NEVER ride without the very best boots you can afford

So, anyone have a similar failure? Or is this a just one of those things? I’ll order a new slave cylinder in the morning…or maybe a whole new system for a spare.. but curious if this is a common Magura failure point?

ya gotta keep the cable lubed. especially at the pivot point...

Grease the new one up and you will ride forever on it ? :cry: ?

Good luck with the toe, hope it's not too bad! ? ?

No cable,,, this was on a juice clutch...much different. And no matter how you grease a cable system,, it will never be as good as a Magura Juice clutch.. But thanks for the tip ?

sorry hydro-god. ??

I didn't think people would ADD a hydro unit to their already fat bike. ?

??

Oh the extra weight of the clutch is no problem,, I just have a diet coke with lunch and a bag of baked, not fryed chips to make things even out.

But again, thanks for the tip ?

? What in the world are you talking about??? Use or not use a juice clutch because of the 1 or 2 oz it might add to a bike ??? Ahhhh, no ?

I suppose you run 90/90 x 18 rear tires cuz them big fatty's like the 140 Mitch just weight to darn much ?

? ;) ? :cry: