New ORV area idea....

Just a thought for those who are a bit more politically astute than I am about these things.

There's a pretty decent size parcel of land for sale down by the Crescent Bar area, across the highway from the Spanish Castle orchards where most people get off the highway to ride out on the old railroad land. It's not exactly big enough for a lot of trail riding, but it'd make a lot of sense for closed course competitions.

I'm sure the rumor of the huge pot of money from ORV tab sales is just that, but I'm wondering if anyone in the know knows if there is any possiblity of a new ORV area happening, especially since there basically isn't a Thurston park anymore.

The Thurston park may be coming back! Is appears Thurston County was paid well in advance to run this ORV park by the state. And they shut it down, and it appears the state has threatened to sue them if they dont open it back up for ORV's. There was an article in last weeks Daily Olympian, I will try to find the article. So the ORV park still may be back, keep fingers crossed! ?

I'm familiar with the area you're talking about(I grew up in Quincy, and I even mangled the front of my Ford Bronco on a large deer crossing the highway there), how many acres is it? Who owns it now? If I recall, there are a lot of very steep sandy hills on that area that are a blast to ride.

Well, there aren't really any hills like that on the area for sale. It's basically the area on the E or N side of the road, across from the old cattle yard. I'm told there are at least two parcels for sale, some of it still in orchard, some of it already pushed out. One is about 280 acres, the other one is about 140 acres, and I've heard there are a couple hundred more that could go really cheap too that are connected.

The Thurston park may be coming back! Is appears Thurston County was paid well in advance to run this ORV park by the state. And they shut it down, and it appears the state has threatened to sue them if they dont open it back up for ORV's. There was an article in last weeks Daily Olympian, I will try to find the article. So the ORV park still may be back, keep fingers crossed! ?

Did a search for the article, appearently it ran the 21st of this month. It just states that the IAC has given the county till the end of this month to make a decision, or face a lawsuit. Nothing new ?