air filter

I'm not sure if you will notice improved throttle response from just replacing your air filter. But I went with Twin Air. DO NOT use ready filters, the pre-oiled ones for $10.00. My buddy bought one to see what they are like and they are junk. You can see straight through the filter!!! I guess a $10.00 filter is only 1/3 of the filtering power.

isaacsaunders277 I call B.S. on that. I have never seen one that thin and I've used Ready Filters all season. No problem on quality and they are even reusable... I clean and re-oil for practice all the time. Best $10 I've spent on my bike. Twin Air are still great filters, just about 2 1/2 times as much $$.

I'm not sure if you will notice improved throttle response from just replacing your air filter. But I went with Twin Air. DO NOT use ready filters, the pre-oiled ones for $10.00. My buddy bought one to see what they are like and they are junk. You can see straight through the filter!!! I guess a $10.00 filter is only 1/3 of the filtering power.

Pure B.S. My guess is that your mad you got your twin-air for $25 and your buddy got 3 ready-filters pre-oiled for $25.And I would like to see the pic of the ready filter you can see through.I can take a pic of 9 different filters I cant see through.

UNI with UNI Foam Filter Oil, seems to work. It's two filters, outer mesh and inside filter, cleans easy with dawn dishwashing soap. Colorful orange outer filter with a bright yellow inner filter, easy to see the dirt and clean. Some filters are dark, and you can't "see" when they are really clean. just fyi.......

gasoline is really bad for the filter. it will dissolve the glues so you'll wind up holding little chunks of filter after a while. Not to mention you could blow a crater where your house is ? :cry: Try using detergent for washing clothes (i use tide) make sure you get the liquid stuff though, no powder. I find this with warm water works very well.

G'Day guys this is from an old post but thought you may find some of the info interesting.

G"Day guys

Just some info on cleaning airfilters

this comes from unifilter head honcho Hayon Gooch

1 petrol/fuel destroys the foam in your filter by expanding the cells in the foam by upto 20 %

2 there are only 4 factories worldwide that produce the foam required to produce an air filter

4 water washable filter oil can acyually destroy the foam in your filter if it is used frequenty

5 mineral terpentine is the only thing you should use to clean your dirty airfilter.

I use the 2 bucket method clean my filter in clean terps in 1 bucket then clean it again in the 2nd bucket with terps then roll the filter out onabsorbant papper towel or cloth (remember NEVER at any stage ring or twist the filter as this can damage the foam)get as much of th terps out as possible then soak the filter in filter oil in an icecream contianer squeeze out oil until virtualy none appears between your fingers skim the seal between the filter and the air box with grease or filter oil refit an your done

IAN