Sign in to follow this  

stock 04 CRF450 suspension setup

alright guys, is it really possible to set up my suspension correctly for my weight with the stock springs, etc? i weigh around 140 with all my gear. i don't really have a set type of riding, which is my problem. i do some track, and some trail. what should i do? i've done everything but suspension on my bike, and i'd like to know my options for it. i may not act on them right away, but i want to know for when i have a bunch of excess cash lying around. thanks.

None of your previous mods did anything to help you ride your bike better than a good suspension (especially when you weigh a measly 140 lbs).

My 04 CRF250R Factory Connection serviced suspension can kick my 04 CRF450R stock bike any day when it comes to suspension and handling.

SUSPENSION is your top priority.

It would be difficult to set the stock suspension up for your weight because you are on the extreme end of the spectrum as far as weight goes. If you do anything at all get softer springs front and rear.You should get .42 front springs and 5.0 rear spring. Go from there and try and set it up for you. Once you do that you can make a good decision on wether you need a revalve or not.

alright guys, is it really possible to set up my suspension correctly for my weight with the stock springs, etc?

No. Buy new springs per the previous recommendation.

I have a 5.1 spring from Factory connection that is new you could have for 55 buck free shipping. Also go down two stages lighter on the chamber spring along with the 42 fork springs.

Yes, you can get the stock suspension work great, at least on a mx track. I weight 135 with gear. My settings: front;360cc oil (stock 410) rebound one click faster, comp stock. Rear; rebound one step slover, comp one step slower, fast comp one full turn more out, sag 95-100. I tried a lot of different settings and found these best for me, biggest improvements came in front with oil level change and in rear with fast comp adjustment. This setting I think is a good starting point for you, just try little different settings that fits your style and tracs.

You should take him up on his offer. You're saving about $50.

Also, the stock CRF250R shock spring is 5 or 5.1. It will fit on our CRF450R.

I have a 5.1 spring from Factory connection that is new you could have for 55 buck free shipping. Also go down two stages lighter on the chamber spring along with the 42 fork springs.