Sign in to follow this  

Pics of my 05 CRF450

I got mine home on 9/24/04 after uncrating and assembling it at the dealership ( my son helped me). I lubed the steering, swingarm, linkakge, safety wired grips loc tited everything and then spent all of today taking it apart and drilling holes in everything to make it look cool and to loose all of about 2 ounces in material. (Hey I was bored and had no where to ride) I did put .3 hours on it in my buddies yard though. Ill be going to Riverfront park in Marysville next weekend to really try it out. I have to go to Sacrmaneto for a conference all week so that will be my first chance to really ride it.

Here are a bunch of pics i took of it for now.

Feetups new CRF450

looks good but your going to jump it and fold that thing in half. :cry: :cry: :cry:

hey pollish the swing arm and the twin spars that saves weaight and looks awasome :cry:

Congrats!!! Glad to see you got it already. Nice pics, and thanks for posting them. I don't know if I would of perforated everything like that though. Especially the brake pedal. Did you do it more for looks or actual weight savings? I can't see that you eliminated enough material to lose more than an ounce!?

and you really think all those holes look good and save weight ...............WHAT A JOKE

no offense dude, but why would you drill holes in motor mounts? What are you thinking? You wouldn't be able to tell a weight difference anyway :cry:

Sorry, I just don't get all the hole drilling. Looks terrible. Just plain crazy! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why would you drill all of those holes? It's not going to save enough weight to ever feel it. You will be better off riding without a helmet. It'll save more weight and have the added benefit of lowering your center of gravity.

awww man... whad'ya do? :cry:

to save weight?? r u serious??? i cannot believe u did that 2 that brand new bike. there's absolutely no way u can justify drilling all those rediculous holes except 2 say its your ride and u can do whateva u want 2 it. u could save more than 10 times as much weight by just putting in a little less fuel and your bike won't look like swiss cheese.

Or better yet, leave out the motor & transmission oil,... that should save you more than a pound of weight. Just kidding dude, I'm just jealous, 'cause I'm still on an '02.

Drilling holes?? WOW.....What happens when you get some mud on it racing? Do the holes make a difference then? Mud can add pounds and you saved 2 ounces?

Don't you guys watch the Simpsons? They are speed holes for aerodynamics. I don't think it will work though because you missed a few spots like the frame, swingarm, front fender, number plates, and the exhaust. Oh and if you drill a single hole in the gas tank you'll save a few pounds.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Make sure you let us know when you rear brake lever snaps.

All of this may not have been the response that you were hoping for :cry:

Anywho, congrats on the bike. Also, I don't know if I am more jealous of the bike, or your truck.

YIKES...."Step away from the drill!" :cry: Really nice bike but if Big Red wanted to shave the extra 2 ounces you did, they would have done it a different way. JMO

Dano

sWEET!

Don't forget to grind off the inner teeth from the rear brake pedal; at least on the 02 and 03 the teeth would bite into the clutch cover if you drop the bike on the right.

The radiator shrouds do look narrower than on prior years.

+sean