Sign in to follow this  

Pics of my 05 CRF450

See what happens when you do meth. You get bored and drill holes in your bike that are just going to pack with mud.

Ya know.. you took the words right outa my mouth.

I was thinking either one of the following... or "all of the above".

- He does Crack and needs to set down the glass pipe.

- He just got a new drill for his birthday... with a counter sink bit.

- He rode a quad before the CRF.

I too felt bad at reading the posts. So much brutality. But ya know... you post here on TT... expect the best, and the worst in wrath! I should know! :cry:

But definitely... put the drill down, and step away from the bike!

:cry:

Ride it more, bling it less. Like the others I can't fathom why you would intentionally remove the reliability of a Honda. I would really pay attention to that break lever ($180) that is something you don’t want to have snap when you need it.

Other then that the bike is cool, lets see it with dirt on it.

You RED folks are friggin brutal....if the man wants to drill let the man drill!

Buddy, congrats on your new purchase My friend rode a red 05 last night and said it turned unlike any other 4stroke - power is about the same as the 04, maybe a tiny bit better - but it out handles a 04 night a day. I may be swayed yet to go red....for 05. And if I drill no one will know on this forum..that is for sure! :cry:

Thanks, last one I needed was for 01 CR250. After I got the price I sold the bike with the old lever.

Man, it's hard to believe the CRF450s have been out for four years now. I remember waiting on my '02 like a bunch of guys here are waiting on their '05's.

Anyway, congratulations on the new bike. As far as the drilling goes, the tank mount washer and the case/engine guards look trick. I think you should have stopped there but to each his own. If you're happy with it, that's all that really matters.

Enjoy! :cry:

I like the meth comment, nothing like a tweaker with a dril... Nah JK man, I wish I had an '05 it does seem like a while since the 02' waiting list huh?

Ride it more, bling it less. Like the others I can't fathom why you would intentionally remove the reliability of a Honda. I would really pay attention to that break lever ($180) that is something you don’t want to have snap when you need it.

Other then that the bike is cool, lets see it with dirt on it.

$180 its more like 40 from my dealer....

Pay no attention.

Their only jealous.

Savage looking bike.

I have a steering damper on the way for my 02. I think I'm actually going to have to drill a hole through my frame for that.

Anyway. I'm not worried. Neither should you be.

Oh ywah man, we all envy having a unsafer bike! :cry:

Seriously dude. Cut the knobs off, take the seat off, take all the plastic off. It's all personailization and it shaved off wieght!!!!

What about mud that goes inside. That adds more wieght and the mud buildup over time adds more and more.

Sure it's a tight ass bike over at the dealer, but man, the drill! How many battery packs did you go through?!?!?!?!

I could shave more wieght by exercizing more.

What cracks me up is by shaving wieght he's drilling parts that need a lof of stregnth. Could he have started by taking off the heat shield???

"187" is a great number for what you did to that poor bike.

What i dont understand is why you would spend all that money on that bike and then go home and trash it.....you might as well call up your dealer and start ordering new parts...becasue riding your bike like that is unsafe...seriously a few freaking ounces jesus..wear lighter socks when you ride or something...

Ha Ha!! You guys need to chill out. I don't see how his bike is unsafe at all. The brake lever is still plenty strong and worse case scenerio if one of the head stays snaps is the bike will vibrate a little and he just orders a couple new brackets. There are a qazillion CRF 450's out there and he just wanted his to be a little different from the rest, whats wrong with that? :cry:

Ha Ha!! You guys need to chill out. I don't see how his bike is unsafe at all. The brake lever is still plenty strong and worse case scenerio if one of the head stays snaps is the bike will vibrate a little and he just orders a couple new brackets. There are a qazillion CRF 450's out there and he just wanted his to be a little different from the rest, whats wrong with that? :cry:

In case you failed to realize were talking about a brand :cry: new 2005 CRF450R here. Its not a Monster Garage bike!!

Were all just trying to help him...if honda really wanted to have 2 freaking ounces shaved off the bike then they would have done it elsewhere..not the freaking engine mounts! Why risk something breaking while your riding.....You dont want to be racing and have to DNF becasue of a broken brake lever or a snapped engine mount..