Sign in to follow this  

Fender decals, problems...

Hey guys. I've been needing to ask you guys this for a while.

My decals came in and I got them on the fender. The way I did it was pop the decals in the oven on top of the fenter with the backing on to heat both up. Then I peeled the back, shot windex on the decal and the fender, and then appliesd squeeged, and heated the decal to dry the windex.

After I did it, the next day, there were white areas on the decal, it's like someone shot a load of white you know what under my decal before I applied it.

Any of you guys ahve this problem? Any of you know how to get rid of it?

The only thing I can think of is if the decal got too warm before you applied it. Then when you squeeged it, it moved the glue around on the back of the decal while you got the windex out and it bunched up in white globs.

it's like someone shot a load of white you know what under my decal before I applied it.

So, you were pretty excited about your new decals hey? :cry: Seriously, I think I agree with Timmer here, probably the oven softened the glue a bit too much :cry:

Decals REALLY arent that hard to apply by just... you know... sticking them on? I've done gas tanks, fender, and swingarm the good old fashioned way. Try it, its pretty simple, and you wont have any problems afterwards.

Decals REALLY arent that hard to apply by just... you know... sticking them on? I've done gas tanks, fender, and swingarm the good old fashioned way. Try it, its pretty simple, and you wont have any problems afterwards.

It's easier for me to use the windex trick. Just apply it, posistion it, and squeegee. Doing this ensures no air bubbles neither...

So any way to cure the glue buildup?

I agree with Rannoch. Fender decals are ridiculously easy to put on. Just start on one end and work to the other. I did it all the time when working at dealerships and had to put our fender stickers on every bike we got. Everytime no heating, spraying with Windex, no anything. Just slapped 'em on.

I think you just over-complicated things :cry: