Sign in to follow this  

Waiparous Thieves!!

Some dipsh*t stumbled upon our gas stash and stole our fuel Sat. morning. I can't believe somebody would steal 20 bucks of fuel. They left our water jug, but we figured the morons probably pissed in it or something. What a drag we were half way into a 200km loop, at least we had enough to get back to our trucks. I'd love to catch the thief :cry: :cry: :cry:

What do you mean by gas stash? don't tell me your actually leaving gas cans out in the woods.

If they're far out in the woods, wouldn't it have to be hunters or hikers?

What do you mean by gas stash? don't tell me your actually leaving gas cans out in the woods.

Yep, that's exactly what I mean. Once or twice a year we do a big ride that requires more gas than we can carry. We stash a tank in the woods, early in the morning the day of the ride, we've used this spot on many of occasions, it's off a secondary road about 50yds into the bush. When we're done the ride we drive back up to pick up our tank, done this many times. I doubt it was hunters or hikers as the area is used predominatly by off road enthusiasts(bike/quad/truck). That's what really ticks me off. It's not the money or tank, it's the fact we couldn't complete the loop we had planned. We stopped at a few camp sites(4x4 guys) and not one of them had any gas they could "spare" :cry:

That is just plain BS!!!!!! I use to do this many times when I was yunger riding a CR125. My friend (I wasn't old enough to drive) has a old Jeep. We would go out the weekend before our big ride and take gas and stash it in the woods. I don't remember off hand how far I could go on that CR but I know it wasn't to far. We would stash enough gas so we could do a big ride. We did this come Spring and late Fall. It's upsetting that someone could take something that isn't thiers in the first place, let alone in the middle of the woods.

It really sucks, when you can't trust others who are there for the same reasons as yourself, enjoying the land.

When my Father and I would go in the woods in the winter cutting logs we always stashed fuel, log trailers, chain saw oil, etc on the trail. Once we came to get our supplies and found that our fuel can was empty. We were a lil pissed, but took it for thieves doing their work. About an hour into the day a man showed up with a full brand new fuel container and told us he was the 'theif' and that he and a friend were snowmobiling in the area and got lost and low on fuel when they found our stash. They used the gas to get them out trouble. Now they were returning to replace the fuel and give us a new fuel container to boot! :cry:

That is the treatment I expect by other users of the trail system. Bending over backwards to help each other in case some day you need help yourself! I even gave an old guy a bunch of fuel from my dirt bike supply (Unmixed, of course) when I stopped to help a stranded motorist. What goes around comes around (I Hope!) :cry:

Glenn.