Sign in to follow this  

Ghost & Goblins Poker Run, Jacksonville, OR (FILL ME IN PLEASE)

If anyone knows anything about this ride on Halloween, or can enlighten me as to what kind of terrain I would be faced with etc..it would be appreciated. I was told it is held in the "John's Peak" riding area, I'm not sure if that's true or not. Anyways, me & a couple buddies were contemplating signing up for the club & taking the 5 hour stroll down I-5 to ride it, that is, if it's worth it? Any feedback on this ride from knowledgeable's with 1st hand experience in the area would be awesome.

See MRA G&G info here

Never rode the Ghost & Goblin, but have rode the area

though been a few yrs. Single track that can be a little on the technical side in places... But nice area...

Really nice area. Good mix between hairy single track and dirt / gravel roads.

The ground is all decomposed granite mixed with clay that made pretty good traction. I was there this spring for a harescramble that was a pretty intense ride. Lots of straight up and straight down hill climbs.

Nothing like feathering the brakes to keep the wheels turning and still picking up speed on the 1/4 mile downhills.

You'll love it.

:cry:

You're heading into my back yard! :cry: Some real fun terrian, definetly worth the drive down. We'll ride both the granite and loamy clay side on the hill for the Poker Run. Keep an eye on the MRA page because sometimes it gets delayed a week or 2 because of fire restrictions. :cry: The road up to Lilly Praire was just fixed so driving to the top is pretty easy. :cry:

Bump, just wanted to bring this post to the top. A great family oriented event with 3 courses to suit different levels of riders including bikes, quads and even mountain bikes. It will be this coming up Sunday the 31st. Lots of rain this past week so expect a little mud :cry:

The way it was going I thought we might get a little snow too. :cry: make it real fun. Whats a little mud, this is Oregon.

Did a little pre-run today. :cry: I heard the weather will hold, so it'll make for a good <font color="orange"> Ghost & Goblins. :cry: