Sign in to follow this  

JD, question on your CRF250 kit

Do you have an updated kit for the 2005 CRF250R? I think your '04 kit includes main jets in the 160-170 range, or so. Stock on the 2005 is 172, so those mains don't seem like they would be of much use. :cry:

You wouldn't think so, but I was pleased with the results on mine. Snappier with a little more on top.

You wouldn't think so, but I was pleased with the results on mine. Snappier with a little more on top.

So what main did you end up using?

me too, at 1000' without the backfire screen. i was told to use the 175 with the backfire screen.

That's the point I'm getting at here. I don't want to pay for 5 main jets that I'm not even going to use. So, I'm wondering if JD has an updated kit for the 05 that includes main jets more in the range that the 05 requires.

well, i'm happy with my bike. sure, i paid for a needle and some jets that i'm not using. but still, it works.

FGR01,

The '04/'05 CRF250R jetting kit's main jets run from 165 to 180, not the smaller sizes referenced above. They cover the range needed for '05.

James

That's the point I'm getting at here. I don't want to pay for 5 main jets that I'm not even going to use. So, I'm wondering if JD has an updated kit for the 05 that includes main jets more in the range that the 05 requires.

When you buy the JD kit, you have to realize that you're not paying $70 for a couple of jets and needles, but for all the research and development that goes into the correct combination and needle!!

Custom manufactured needles made specifically for the CRF250R, not standard parts off the shelf. The diameters and tapers are designed around both the carburetor and bike.

James

When you buy the JD kit, you have to realize that you're not paying $70 for a couple of jets and needles, but for all the research and development that goes into the correct combination and needle!!

I do realize that. The value of the R&D was never questioned. Like I said, I just wanted to make sure the kit was updated to address the needs of the 05 which are different than the 04. As JD has already said, the answer is YES. :cry:

I have a crf250r 2005 and upgraded the carb with a 20mx accelerator pump cover with adjustable leak jet and am not sure what jets to run was thinking of buying a jd jet kit, bike runs but header glows red and wants to cut out as if timing was out. Everything pointing at carb in our eyes at the moment? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated