Sign in to follow this  

suzuki TS250

They are pretty ugly

Yes they are..... :cry: Not very popular over here at the time they came out. The PE175/250 would run rings around them in the bush, and they weren't much good as a commuter, so they were a poor excuse for a dual sport. :cry: The engines were pretty bulletproof though. If your dad wants to use it for light trail riding, it should hold up OK. :cry:

The PE175/250 would run rings around them in the bush,

what do u mean by that ? Yeah my dad is going to trail ride it and maybe drive it to the store once and a while.

All I meant was that the PE series bikes from that era, had way better power and suspension compared to the TS series. The PE's were a proper enduro bike in their day. It's a bit like comparing a modern WR250F to a TTR250, only the gap in performance/suspension back in the early '80's was probably larger. It sounds fine for what your dad wants it for though. :cry:

I own a 1974 TS185 and love it. My brother-in-law doenst though...he wiped out in a corner and the bike landed on top of him (he was wearing shorts enev though I told him to put pants on) and the fins on the head put grill marks on his leg! But in his defense, the bike is very hard to ride. It has like 1/2" of suspension travel. :cry: :cry: :cry: My '04 TTR250 is much easier to ride, but he isnt going to find out. 1974 Suzuki TS185

My mom still has her 1977 TS185, it has about 1300 miles on it. Dads 1978 TS250 has 380 miles on the clock. The 250s tail light is cracked and the mount bent upward slightly, otherwise both are mint. Goofy old things.

if my dad wanted to sell it how much do you think he could get ? we paid 400 for it. eveything works great except the seat is junk