Sign in to follow this  

Checking valves - turning motor over clockwise??

I know how to check my valves and have done it twice now. My question is, when you remove the little cover on the right side of the engine case, how do you "turn" the bolt clockwise? I have used a flat-tip screwdriver because I can't figure out how I would get a wrench or socket on the bolt to turn it??

Valve%20Check%20013.jpg

Ditto. Kickstarter is the best bethod. Also when you get that close I found that by using the marks on the cam gear you can get alot closer. :cry:

I've been using the kickstarter but find that when the crank gets close to the mark, the compression lets loose and it flies right by! Then I use a flathead screwdriver to make it perfect.

The allen wrench seems to be the way to go. I feel like and absolute dumba$$ for not noticing the allen key inside the bolt!! :cry:

Thanks for the info!

Thats my motor and there is no black sledge in it, it's the lighting.

If you look in the center of the bolt in the picture you will see the hole where the allen fits into. you caqn do it that way or with the kickstarter.

That looks like sludge to me, Heckler :cry:

What...you dont break the bike down after every ride and clean every little part like you do on the YZ? :cry:

Hey come up and ride Trail 17 with us on Saturday. You can still ride with Blue on Sunday too.

Its gonna be perfect weather and lots of fun. And hopefully there wont be any life flights out of there for anyone this time :cry: