Sign in to follow this  

dunes ride

just wanted to mention the october Oct"Duner"fest post in the events thread on TT, anyone that wants to ride the dunes on Oct 21-24 pm me or check out the post

I'll be in Glamis from 10-23 to 10-31.

WOOOoooo Hoooo!

Hey, are you the same guy that took a bunch of quads out to Laguna Hansen for a day ride a couple of years back in September? I was the only girl. I rode the dirtbike. It poured down rain at the Ramona's.

Just wondering.... :cry:

I'll be in Glamis from 10-23 to 10-31.

WOOOoooo Hoooo!

Hey, are you the same guy that took a bunch of quads out to Laguna Hansen for a day ride a couple of years back in September? I was the only girl. I rode the dirtbike. It poured down rain at the Ramona's.

Just wondering.... :cry:

Yes I remember you.

I have a picture with you in it... IN FACT, I stuck a note to you just a week ago or so in the Thumpette thread somewhere. Never heard back. I figured you must have missed the post.

But yes, I'm him. I remember you rode a Yamadawg, and worked at Applied.

And that was a loooong time ago. Some of the quads are still around (remember my huuuuge black friend Mark?? He's got a Bombardier DS650... that he just rails everywhere). I too still have one that I've set up for my Mex rides and dunin'.

You're still welcome anytime we ride to join in. Annnytime. :cry:

Watch the http://www.MikesSkyRancho.Com site's forum... I post rides there often. :cry:

Are you gonna use an 8 or 10 paddle tire on your 450? What are the pros/cons between them?

Are you gonna use an 8 or 10 paddle tire on your 450? What are the pros/cons between them?

I've been using an 8 cup. Same one I used on my 250 2smoker. On my CR500 I used a 10 cup. The less cups, the less you wheelie and go fast NOW kinda thing. The more cups, the more power you need to turn the paddle. And the more you'll wheelie. It just all depends on your riding style and need. If you putt around the dunes, go with more paddles. You race your buddies or run the drags, go with something that allows more RPM like an 8 cup.

An amazing fact:

I was running a 10 cup on my CR500... my buddy's 10 cup had widdled down to a 2 cup (from paddles braking off). We'd race up Olds in Glamis and be neck and neck with the equivalent 10 cups, but when he and I went back for more... and he was at a 2 cup... he'd beat me up the hill! I'd get the jump off the line... and he'd be able to pull one more gear, spinning the tire more but hooking up and passing me. Amazing. The CON to this is he couldn't really pull wheelies too well. The paddle wouldn't hook up with only 2 cups to loft the front end.

Does that help?!

:cry: