Sign in to follow this  

Idle screw adjustment

Ok, so has anyone got any bright ideas about how to adjust the mixture screw on the FCR on an E without having to pull the carb out? It doesn't seem to want to rotate at all, and the gap between the mixture screw opening and the starter motor is minimal. I've heard some people trying an extended fuel screw with differing results, but I'm thinking there's got to be some sort of flexible screwdriver or other nifty widget that could be used? :cry:

On another note, I took the DRZ out for its first run through the hills with a few mates this last weekend. Excellent fun through the twisties up to about 100kph, but a bit like hard work after that. I almost twisted the poor things throttle grip off though! :cry:

mmmkay then ... was hoping someone had a neato gadjet, but guess its time to pull the carb off again! :cry: :cry:

mmmkay then ... was hoping someone had a neato gadjet, but guess its time to pull the carb off

again! :cry: :cry:

You might try taking a "L" shaped allen wrench and grinding down the short end so that it's shaped like a flat head screwdriver.

It's kind of a pain to use, but works. I don't have to adjust it too often. If I did, I would get the extended screw.

Before the "bronco built" fuel screw I have now, I found a screwdriver that would work. It is really long and very, very thin. Unfortuantly it comes as part of a set for adjusting scuba regulators, it goes up inside a nut driver. Thus it would be cheaper to buy a fuel screw, better yet, cheaper still to make one and it'll work better as well. :cry:

you dont need to take carb full off just undo to clamp on the engine side and it will ease out far enough to get a regular screw driver in to alter it.