Sign in to follow this  

Back to Back CALIFORNIA weekend 10/2 & 3

My bike is all lubed up and ready for the fall/winter season. Next weekend, Oct 9/10 my parents are visiting. I won't be able to ride at all so this weekend I'm making it a back to back double day ride weekend.

Tirebiter and his ktm friends are coming to Foresthill Saturday and Sunday is probably my Elkins flat day as I want to meet up with dan from the polka dots and check out the 49er enduro route and pick my road crossing assignment...altough I may have to switch and ride elkins on Sat... depnding on the polka dots plans.. and its the beginning of RED sticker season at foresthill... maybe Georgetown is the call because our friendly red sticker riders can't ride there till Oct 15... :cry:

Looks to be a dusty weekend...... again, but who are we to decide, ours is but to LIVE and RIDE!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Hmmmm... I really wanna go but... Sat is the Primetime Hare Scramble at Metcalf. Maybe if im not to beat up I could catch up with you on Sunday. I would be ultra stoked if we could do Elkins on Sunday.

:cry: We really have it tough here in Sacramento! Where to ride, Foresthill, Georgetown, Elkins, Mammoth Bar, Gold Note, Indian Springs.....anywhere in the Sierra's!! :lol: All within a 1 hour drive!!!! :cry:

Medcaf has a special place in my heart! Last time I rode there I crashed so hard I couldn't buckle my pants for a week! :cry:

I'm still waiting for some rain!!!! I forgot what it's like to ride in mud!!!! :cry:

Hell, I think I'll drive the 3 hours to Yerington! :cry:

we really dont want mud.. we want a great fall season with intermittant rain days enough to make the dirt perfect... not like last year where the monsoons came in November and it was mud till march.

yearington? I can't beileve that other guy even had gumption to mention that place here on MY southwest forum..the nerve of some people. :cry: :cry: :cry:

yearington? I can't beileve that other guy even had gumption to mention that place here on MY southwest forum..the nerve of some people. :cry: :cry: :cry:

He musta meant Dorrington..yup gotta be a typo..

Bob, still mustering up the troops for sat. at The hill, in the mean time I'll be spending wed & thurs (stag), at the cabin in Dorrington - you game?? :cry: :cry:

Did I mention horseshoes?

naw i have a work life. i'll know more about My elkins plans by wednesday.....

Medcaf has a special place in my heart! Last time I rode there I crashed so hard I couldn't buckle my pants for a week! :cry:

Hell, I think I'll drive the 3 hours to Yerington! :cry:

Sly

You mean Metcalf here in san jose? :cry:

Where you guys ridng Sunday?I'll be up that way somewhere and we could hook up. :lol:

Nevada huh :cry: I may be down for that :lol: I love the idea so much i stickied it in MY Southwest Forum :cry::lol: :lol:

:lol: Metcalf!

You're right! I crashed so hard, my mind is still trying to block it out! :cry:

I wiped out at the bottom of that HUGE hill. I was flying down and didn't see the wheel rut at the gully. ROAD RASH! :lol::cry: :cry:

Ok, the collar bone was worse! But imagine a huge strawberry-watermelon all along the small of your back! I wore my shorts down on my @ss for 2 weeks. Couldn't sit down and lean back. Ugh! :lol: Forget about pants or draw strings or even elastic! :lol: The sore was oozing and festering.......my shirt would stick to it! I'd wake up and the bed sheets would be stuck to my back! :cry:

Tell me again!? :lol: Why am I riding Motorcycles.....? :cry:

Tell me again!? :cry: Why am I riding Motorcycles.....? :cry:

So you can get closer to Bob :cry: Maybe thats why your ass is hurting :cry: :cry: :lol:

I'm headed south Friday for the weekened regardless, but if Foresthill is happening on Saturday, and if it's OK with you Bob, I'll gladly load the WR and join in to celebrate the passing of Red Sticker season. :cry:

haven't heard from the PD boys yet, I bet with no rain they are havin second thoughts on their 49 enduro..... so Looks like Foresthill is it for me on Saturday. if so I'll see ya up there. I get there early.

Blue one if ya want to ride Georgetown again on sunday? that be cool..... but if I do ride elkins on Sat then FH on sunday is good....I know this is more gibberish... I'll figure it out by friday.

Bob....

We are still looking forward to you coming down to the desert for a ride. We have come up to see you twice now. If you wanted to come down for a weekend, we could probably even find a place for you to stay.

Let us know

Jimbo

I'm in Guam for Thanksgiving week. We would have done some riding then.

My plan is to spend the christmas Holidays at my parent's house in Redondo Beach. christmas, Dec 25, is on a saturday this year...... so I would be thinking Sunday the 26, would be a good day for me and boomer to get up super early and head out to ridgecrest for a day ride, then motor home on monday.

I can also come there the night of the 23rd and we ride christmas eve.... but it depends on your family plans for those days around christmas and yeah I probably should be with family early christmas eve.....so Sundday the 26th sounds good to me or we could do monday the 27 and I go home on the 28th - what days can you ride?

I'll have to check with the boss about my holiday plans. I am sure we can work something out. We'll stay in touch.

Jimbo

Jimmy! Of course you can come down. Bob - Keep in touch with the plans. Even if Jimbo's boss has other plans, my end of the family is still gonna be in town for the holidays and we'd love to have ya visit while you're in this neck of the woods. I don't ride as fast as Jimbo, but I am much cuter and that makes up for it :cry:

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2004 at 5:05 AM, bigbob said:

I'm in Guam for Thanksgiving week. We would have done some riding then.

My plan is to spend the christmas Holidays at my parent's house in Redondo Beach. christmas, Dec 25, is on a saturday this year...... so I would be thinking Sunday the 26, would be a good day for me and boomer to get up super early and head out to ridgecrest for a day ride, then motor home on monday.

I can also come there the night of the 23rd and we ride christmas eve.... but it depends on your family plans for those days around christmas and yeah I probably should be with family early christmas eve.....so Sundday the 26th sounds good to me or we could do monday the 27 and I go home on the 28th - what days can you ride?

14 years ago......