Sign in to follow this  

Question about Knee Braces and extention stops

I just started riding again since breaking my leg and blowing out my ACL. I was curious where you guys set the extention stops on your knee braces? I have a cti2 and I put in the biggest one they gave me...just wondering if thats too much or if I can go alittle less. I think it was the 40 degree extention stop. Anyways let me know.... Thanks

My Don Joy is at 20 degrees. Originally at 10 but I wanted more security . 20 seem appropriate for me at this time. After surgery for my ruptured ACL in January, I may extend this further, but for now. 20 is fine.

MIR

if the fit is good you will be fine at 5-10 degees. if the brace is loose you want get a true reading with the dial and may need to go 10-20. another thing you will have to take into consideration is how much active knee extension you have without the bace. normal range will be zero degrees(straight leg) to -3to-5 degrees (hyperextension) depending on flexibility. when you dont allow full range you are putting the pressure on the femur above the brace and the tib/fib below the brace. rember a acl injury occurs when the knee goes into hyperextension past normal range

I have a CTI2 as well and the stops are located at the hinge behind the black cover. I have a 10 degree stop in there I think.. works for me but I had my ACL repaired 7 years ago. Still use the brace for riding though. It saves me just about every time I ride. Listen to dav..he seems to know more than most. :cry: