Sign in to follow this  

Headlight points too high on TE250

I have backed out the adjuster screw to lower the angle of the headlight but that doesn't give much improvement. I can't see where it might be mounted wrong so maybe they all point a little bit high.

Anyone else notice this? I'll be swapping out the stocker for an Acerbis DHH but if for some reason I like the stock one better, I may go back to it.

Greg

Ah yes... the point-to-the-sky issue. I just fixed this two nights ago, prepping my 250 for BC. Okay, so you need to go to your local OSH or hardware store, buy a machine screw like the "adjuster" screw you already have. (doesn't adjust but only holds the light on.) I went for a 6mm longer screw, and plan on trimming it later. Anyway, use a small piece of rubber hose, and trim as neccessary to achieve the proper height. I ended up using about 1/8th inch piece of tubing that I can now "adjust" by screwing the screw in. This works because you are now working on setting the light higher, v.s. lower.

Later,

F

How about recommendations for the other problem. My Acerbis Diamond lights up the front fender something fierce. The aim looks good, it just has too much glare. I've thought about painting the top of the fender flat black. Any ideas?