open practice this sunday ward creek - last one this season!!

It's out in the town of raymond, thats out towards the coast you'd head out sorta like your was going to thurston orv but even go past it and get off the highway right past satsop and then heave to head south for about another 40 mins (can only go so far on a 2 lane hwy ) It takes about 2 and half hours. The track isn't very tough is terms of jumps it's kewl cause it makes use of this hill so lots of hills to go up and down it's a pretty high speed style track more old skewlish in design. It's still a very fun track cause it has an awesome flow. There's a couple double jumps but nothing scary compared to say like Toes. Practice starts around 9 good to get there early cause parking is alittle limited. It's about $28 so bring like $35 to be safe who knows maybe you'll get hungry. Practices are run by skill level @ 18 min moto's. It's a fun track espically for the not so mx elitist's out there.

It's out in the town of raymond, thats out towards the coast you'd head out sorta like your was going to thurston orv but even go past it and get off the highway right past satsop and then heave to head south for about another 40 mins (can only go so far on a 2 lane hwy ) It takes about 2 and half hours. The track isn't very tough is terms of jumps it's kewl cause it makes use of this hill so lots of hills to go up and down it's a pretty high speed style track more old skewlish in design. It's still a very fun track cause it has an awesome flow. There's a couple double jumps but nothing scary compared to say like Toes. Practice starts around 9 good to get there early cause parking is alittle limited. It's about $28 so bring like $35 to be safe who knows maybe you'll get hungry. Practices are run by skill level @ 18 min moto's. It's a fun track espically for the not so mx elitist's out there.

Hmm now I'm excited.. that sounds pretty fun. I will be there, weather permitting.. thanks for the info

I'll be there totally the weather looks like major go for sunday. I'll be there with a bunch of friends I'll have my '04 KX 125 #439 and my friend rides an all white '03 CR500AF #92 come and stop by we typically park out back. When you pull in go straight past like the barn/garage right around in the middle by the tree sorta up on the little hill side. Don't go right cause there's little parking there and you'll be in high traffic area cause of everyone getting on and off the track.

Directions

from olympia SR 8 out to SR 107 south which will then turn into hwy 101 take it south all the way to raymond. Take a left on Monohan landing, its shortly after the welcome to town signs look for the box that says ward creek if you go across the bridge into town you went to far. Follow this road for about 4 miles to a road that Y's Ward Creek rd turn left and its shortly after you can see it from the road.

South from chehalis just take SR 6 or hwy 101 up.

track # 360-942-4674

should be awesome hope ya guys come out and have fun last practice might be busy ride an age class maybe if you can. ?

Practice starts a 9:30 till 4 and it starts at 9:30! watch out for deers someone landed on one last year.

Hey someone talk to promoters and see if they would like a web site. Also see if they will send their schedule next year to webmaster@dirtracingnw.com

This site is going to be great if we can get some tracks and clubs interested in it.. I would be more than willing to do Ward Creeks web site... And a decent deal for them if they want. Just find out how I can get in contact with them...

http://www.dirtracingnw.com

Asked the owners a couple of times about a site etc, not gonna happen. The owners want to keep it some what low key which is fine with me cause I don't want it to get too huge ? For those who didn't come down you missed out on one of the best days this year. I have some digi pic's at home i'll see about posting later.

I get a schedule in the mail every year track won't reopen till around like march/april. This years schedule was shorter than last years it seems to alternate sometimes they tend to run more then other years. Like last year they had the practice this past weekend then another being the last on the 20th.

About low key, were you there for the PNW Championship in July? That was certainly not low key. I drove up there from Portland. Never had been there before got there just about the time practice started, I had not registered, could not find a place to pit. Turned around and left. ?

Oh, and how do I get on the mail list so I can get a schedule? I was just wanting to make sure that the schedule gets posted on dirtracingnw.com

Unfortunately I couldn't make it this time.. I woke up not-so-early and was feeling like crap. I skipped the 2.5 hour drive and just went to pacific raceways.. which turned out to be a really good ride. If you haven't been there in awhile, check it out.. very cool track layout right now

You have to at least go a few times just by signing up for practice should get ya on the mailing list. Blah pacific raceways pales in comparision to how much fun this track is you would of had more fun. But yes the new pacific raceways track is good it's been getting better I was there like 2 weeks ago. Whenever practice comes around again I'll let ya guys know soon as I do. Good track to try out also is OPMC pretty good in the winter time also.

okay some pics are now up from the practice

http://photos.yahoo.com/joe_becher69

yes I am clearing that double, ward creek is like old skewl moto its more a natural terrain style track. When you clear that double and the table you like float over them. It was a bit tamer though being last practice normally it has a good lip and you can get a bit better air.