Sign in to follow this  

TE510 Clutch Fluid - 10w mineral oil

Has anyone had any troubles finding clutch fluid? The clutch system uses a 10 weight mineral oil. I want to purge, bleed and refill my clutch system. My local dealer says they've not yet been able to get it. I'm looking around locally but no luck yet. Any ideas on a source? :cry:

ktl...

Should be able to get the right stuff from any KTM dealer.

I have always used syn. fork oil, I started doing that back in 2000 when I had a KTM. All the guys I ride with (mostly KTM's) do the same thing and have for years without a problem.

brown

I have always used syn. fork oil, I started doing that back in 2000 when I had a KTM. All the guys I ride with (mostly KTM's) do the same thing and have for years without a problem.

brown

What are the advantages to using the syn fork oil? Less expense? Easy to get? Fewer types of fluids to keep on hand?

ktl...

All of the above.

I'm don't think that there is much difference. It's just easier for me, I always seem to have fork oil around.

brown

The "Magura Juice" is a bit expensive, but I use it. I use to use synthetic ATF in my KTM Magura clutch as I was told this is what Mike Lafferty uses by his mechanic years ago - the ATF worked and seemed to have a lighter pull (on a '98 KTM) but who knows - try at your own risk.

MSTex