Sign in to follow this  

what should i do to my new crf50?

Well this weekend i decided to get a crf 50, let me say one thing...The dealers are horrible, everywhere i went they wanted me to pay msrp or get a sdg.

I got the bbr handle bar kit along with a works connects shock and some different fork springs. Those were simple mods that i knew would be good.

So my question is what are some good mods without spending bank? Is there anything i definitely should get or stay away from( ie. certain brands) I will eventually get a big bore kit but just not anytime soon.

Don't beat the dealers up too bad for not cutting you a deal on your 50. The profit margin on the little play bikes is zip, so there isn't hardly any room to give you a break to begin with.

Big bikes are a different story...

...Tall seat-get a sdg the bbr you have to redrill the mounting holes

...Footpegs-you dont really thing you need them untill you get them and feel the diference.I have the fastway but most are nice

...derlin fork bushings-the h/d springs will make the stock fork bushings wiggle which makes for a crappy ride

...new tires-the red kedna's are sweet if your stayin red,if not the michelins are the hot idem.

Here in PA the dealers are more than happy to deal... I just picked up an 05 OTD for $1305.

Charlie