Sign in to follow this  

KIETHCO LAB2V QUESTION

Hey, Kiethco, as one of the Exalted Grand Poo-Bahs of D-37, :cry:

I ask you this question- does it look as though LAB2V will be affected by the recent Nat'l Forest closures? (I would've asked on the D-37 board, but am at work and forgot my password.)

I am being a good D-37 rider, and am making my family join me on the porch every evening to participate in a rain dance. :cry:

YES!!! The ride is impacted. If you or anyone you know has a rain dance or two to do bring it on! We know what the immediate alternative is.....pavement. Most undesireable, especially after riding the routes we had laid out to get the dez. We will be considering all options at this point and will let everyone know by the return mailing. As far as the USFS position: One to two inches of rain by the first or second week of November will get us back on track.....otherwise....stay tuned. :cry:

Dave T

There IS a difference between being a "Grand Poo-Bah", and just posting here a lot. If you inflate Kieth's ego, he'll need a bigger helmet. :cry:

Been gone a week. Anyone want to fill me in on the local ordeal with this ride and the weather? :cry:

Do you mean the ride is impacted Keith and/or Corry?

If it's them we might have to ride on assphalt......not pavement. :cry: Looking for dirt to avoid it all..

I crack myself up.

RH

OK, so let me get this straight, so to speak, Corey is not riding assphalt all the way to Vegas. :cry:

If you've noticed the weather patterns, it's getting damper out sooner this year, the nights are cooling off, I know rain is days away, maybe weeks. But it's coming. This is an El Nino year. Now where's my rain dance shoes! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am aggressively going after something that looks like a good alternative to our new "challenge" forced on us by the USFS. Personally I think the closure is partially motivated by attitudes and agendas I would not like to consider on the part of land managers (USFS). The ride will definitely take place and I want to ride this one with everyone else to have a good time! I hate pavement on a dirt bike!

Dave

If anyone can do it, Dave can. Dave starts working on the LAB2V route not long after the dust settles from each years ride. By January the route's pretty much laid out and the permit process has begun. At the board meetings Dave has a stack of maps and topos and passes routes and areas of riding around the room. He knows the deserts and riding areas of So Cal and Nevada very well. We're in good hands for this ride. If we didn't get a drop of rain before November 25th, I wouldn't be worried. Thanks Dave!:nworthy:

Just got off the phone with our LA B to V Dave, and we be all over it. Have we let you guys down yet? My bike is already panting in the garage, she knows somthins up, and we are going to hit the trail!!!!!!! YEE HAA!!!!!!! :cry:

...and someone to keep up with me thru the difficult options. Looking forward to that long whoop section, and rocky sand wash on day 2. :cry:

You coming James? Corey needs a roommate.

We'll see. I'm gonna finally go turn in my DS paperwork tomorrow.