Sign in to follow this  

How about a package to Honda, from all of us with issues.......

I'm not suggesting a class action, but maybe if we all addressed our problems that we have written about in these posts, individually signed, and with our VIN numbers. Delivered them to Honda at one time, with the attention/knowledge of the press, they might have to listen.......

Maybe you could gather up your burnt/worn valves and include those in the package. Might get some attention.

I'm not suggesting a class action, but maybe if we all addressed our problems that we have written about in these posts, individually signed, and with our VIN numbers. Delivered them to Honda at one time, with the attention/knowledge of the press, they might have to listen.......

Howdy Tuner....we're in. (writing down VIN...) :cry:

We just bought a spiffy-new Canon Digital Camera and we have some *very* illuminating pics of the valves, piston, cylinder, etc.

As soon as I can locate a pic-hosting website and figure out how to upload the pics and link to them -- I'm going to do "The Ant's Saga of the Sinking Intake Valve."

It'll have hours, maintenence, shimming specs, engine behaviour, repair steps and costs, and photos. We plan to do a very professional "package" for Honda so they can fully understand the situation. Not as a "cry-baby/witch-hunt" ... but sincere feedback from a *long-time* Honda customer.

Now.... any ideas/links to a pic-hosting site? :cry:

Cheers! - RandyB

I think there would be greater impact if all of the letters, valves, pictures, etc were delivered all in one package, not individually. I have replaced my intake valves but I don't really have a big problem with the whole issue. I still have the old parts and I'm willing to play along.

O and tell them that no matter how much i wanted to stay red, i am going to hafta go with the WR because of "maintenence issues"

Count me in. :cry: I don't have a major issue with the valves either. I've had to change them, but I didn't mind I guess. I would definately get tired of it after two or three times though. :cry:

....my .2 cents. I spoke to a Honda warranty/recall person today at great length about a recall item on my street bike. After a few light hearted minutes, I threw out the question "what's gonna be done about the valve problems on the CRF250x"? I know two people who have had issues. After a few seconds and a loud exhale. "The problem is the bike is selling like hot-cakes, they fly off the showroom floor as soon as the get there". So I asked, "so is it going to be ignored because there is no real backlash"? A. "I'm not saying that, but let's just say it hasn't affected sales any". :cry:

I don't own a 250x, but I have ridden one and know what a great bike it is. The problem is, the second time my buddy rode it it commited suicide :cry:

I'd be PISSED!

The "Gang Package" sounds like a good idea

"The problem is the bike is selling like hot-cakes, they fly off the showroom floor as soon as the get there". So I asked, "so is it going to be ignored because there is no real backlash"? A. "I'm not saying that, but let's just say it hasn't affected sales any".

Crap, that sucks. It's completely true though. My local dealers can't keep them in stock. The way I'm looking at it though is that if all of us that have the bike and have the problems and don't get results... we probably won't be buying another Honda any time soon. That might not hurt their sales now, but It might in the long run. I hate to say it, but Honda's short sightedness might be their downfall.

Any progress on that package yet?

"The problem is the bike is selling like hot-cakes, they fly off the showroom floor as soon as the get there". So I asked, "so is it going to be ignored because there is no real backlash"? A. "I'm not saying that, but let's just say it hasn't affected sales any".

Crap, that sucks. It's completely true though. My local dealers can't keep them in stock. The way I'm looking at it though is that if all of us that have the bike and have the problems and don't get results... we probably won't be buying another Honda any time soon. That might not hurt their sales now, but It might in the long run. I hate to say it, but Honda's short sightedness might be their downfall.

Any progress on that package yet?

Judging by the responses to this thread, it's a waste of time. I don't think 3 or 4 letters is gonna' rock 'em...

Can't be a factory defect if only some of the bikes have valve issues. My 250X has over 700 miles on it; I checked the valves at 500 miles and they were well within factory specs. I know I am not alone on this. There are probably just as many 250X and 250R riders out there that are perfectly happy with Honda and what they have done with these bikes. That is the reason Honda is giving you guys the cold shoulder on the valve issue. Hopefully this doesn't create too much of a stir.

I hate to disagree with you, but not every bike has to have a problem to be considered a factory defect. The reason Honda is not doing anything about immediately is because the bikes are selling. I'm sure they will address it in a redesign in the future.

Can't be a factory defect if only some of the bikes have valve issues. My 250X has over 700 miles on it; I checked the valves at 500 miles and they were well within factory specs. I know I am not alone on this. There are probably just as many 250X and 250R riders out there that are perfectly happy with Honda and what they have done with these bikes. That is the reason Honda is giving you guys the cold shoulder on the valve issue. Hopefully this doesn't create too much of a stir.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Horay something positive.

So, my question is do all the bikes come from the same factory? If different bikes are produced in different factories, it could be that just the bikes coming from a specific factory are messed up. Like I said, just a question, so don't fry me if I'm wrong and they all come from the same place. :cry:

It seems obvious that some people never really rev their bikes that hard, and some do. Some REALLY do. I have friends who ride very conservatively and they would probably never have a problem. My son rides a YZ250F and he revs it hard constantly. After two years the valves are still in spec. There is no doubt that the CRF's are having a valve problem. I want one really bad, but I won't buy one until the problem is addressed.

In my humble opinion, the biggest problem is the fact that you never really see the problem talked about in ANY of the magazines, and my son and his friends read them all.

The majority of the buying public does not know about this site, and are probably unaware of the problem. If you simply go by what you read in print, the Honda's are the holy grail.

Hopefully it will eventually become known and cause a slowdown in sales. This is still big business and sales and the almighty dollar rule.

Maybe we're going about this the wrong way. What if we got the package together and sent it to a reputable magazine instead of Honda. Maybe we could get the story into print and then somebody might notice. If the story gets into print and people start to question it, maybe we can turn some heads and somebody at Honda will start to listen. :cry:

Sound good to anybody else?

The magazines are all a bunch of crap--its the worse source of 'info' on motorcycles in general and especially on Hondas. Just one big 'good ol boy' circle jerk.

I call home the Honda 600/650 site. We have issues with footpegs falling off, thermostats sticking, bikes overheating, etc...and in 5 years of production none of these well known issues have ever been dealt with.

IMHO there is a double standard with Honda products. They are treated in the media like perfectly engineered and built bikes, while KTM's or others would suffer all kinds of bad press for similar issues. Remeber 18 months ago there was a batch of KTM's with Russian sourced Ti valves that failed.

It was all over the press.

Remember the WR's Woodruff key issue? All over the press.

With Honda -- your bikes, and my XR650--there's just silence from all sides.

Why are you so content to replace defective valves? Its a design issue. The valve stems are to thin. Several of the major aftermarket companies are right now working hard on a fix!

I have been Honda faithfull for 30 years-before they became Big Red. Maybe thats the problem?

Class-Action Suit? Honda DOES read this stuff. Maybe you should at least start talking about legal action.

Does the California Lemon Law apply to motorcycles? IF so has anyone had their valves go 3 times? The State of California can be brought in---for free...sad to have to think that way--but Honda keeps screwing us. Plain and simple.

For sure notify them en masse. And consider talking lawsuit.