Sign in to follow this  

Do you need anything special to.....

Do you need any special tool to change seals in the forks and how hard is it to just do that. I've got a local suspension guy doing it and he charges $135. Thats for seals, oil, and labor. Is that about right? I've always figured that going into the forks is just to complicated for me and i'd hate to screw something up in there! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You don't really need any special tools to change them. It's not really all that hard either. A fork seal driver will make it easier and your less likely to damage the seals. But my advice to people when they ask this question is if you don't think you can do it your probobly can't. But if you think you can and are just kinda squimish about it go for it. If you haven't already got them done I'll do them for $85 including seals and oil. You live close by in georgia so shipping would probobly be like 10 bucks. It would be fast turn around to. Send it to me on tuesday and you should have it back by sat. E-mail me at matt@active-ride.com If your interested or you need a walk through on how to do it yourself.