Sign in to follow this  

Opinion

Well since ive been thinkin about gettin a crf250 i cant really find dealers with any. I found a 04 that sounds safe to get and am thinking about trying to get it. It has some nice goodies on it(like a full dr.d exhuast) and from what i am told buy the guy who worked on the bike and the bikes owner this bike has never had any vavle problems. Would it be safe to buy it?

well if it hasnt had any valve problems which apparently the hondas have, as long as you get a good price and make sure you check the air filter for cleanliness then it sounds good to me. by the way why are you steppin down from a CR250 to a CRF250? And also look at the other brands. im partial to blue but from what ive heard and ridden all the bikes are pretty much the same. and try out a 450. dont just narrow your search to the CRFs.good luck :cry:

im kinda partial to honda...dont really want to ride anything else right now. im stepping down because the 250 wears me out too fast. i can ride it and all just i dont really want to race 250s.

Tell the seller that you want to check the valves before purchasing. It's easy to do and takes about 15 minutes. If the guy really believes the bike is in great shape, he'll probably help you check them. If they're in spec, check for the obvious signs of abuse like black nastiness in the motor, worn parts, bent/cracked frame/sub-frame.

If all checks out, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.