Sign in to follow this  

Jeanne- everyone alright?

Just wanted to check in- we just got power on about 2:30 pm today (went out Sun. at 9:15 am) and have been out cleaning up. Lost quite a few shingles this time- anyone have any tips on repairing them? :cry: Hope everyone is safe and sound!!! :cry:

MAN DID THAT EVER SUCK!!! Still no power at the house but of coarse we have it ats work. Power went out around 2:30 Sunday, missed all the games :lol:, especially the Bucs getting kicked around. Lots of trees down, I can't see my lawn anymore because of all the downed tree limbs, but house is fine :cry: Hope everyone on the East Coast survived without too much damage.

NO MORE HURRICANES, I'M DONE WITH THEM :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

luckily no damage for us.

Well none except for the tarp covering the boat. I guess 3 hurricanes was just too much for the thing. You know it was windy when you have to rake the leaves out of the boat. :cry:

Yeah, That was by far the worst one yet. I live in North Lakeland. Our power went out at 4:30 in the morning and didn't come back on till like 3:30. But thanks to our handy Honda generator We were able to power our fridge, tv, and a couple fans :cry:. We had the top of a tree come crashing down between our fence and house, it was at least 50ft long, and a pain in the ass to cut. Ended up taking it up to the dump and happened to be about 1600lbs worth of Killer tree! But everything is good now. Hopefully no more hurricanes.

Posting from work here too... :cry: :cry:

We also made it through with no damage at all, but our power went out at around 11 am Sunday and is still out. Looks like we're moving in with Mom until it comes back on. Personally, I wouldn't mind it so bad but the old lady and kids think otherwise...

The worst part is my neighbor got hers back on yesterday. They feed from the other way. And I don't particularly care for my neighbors so I refuse to ask for an extension cord... And the fat [@#$%&*!] surely won't offer.

But we're all ok so it could have been worse.

I had just gotten a day off since Francis too. Now I'm back to 14 a day, 7 a week until further notice.

Went in Work so I can post. Posting from another building since the roof got ripped up again on my normal building.

Statistics:

1. Power went out 10:15 Sat. night, Pine tree went over the line right at the last pole, which is my house (I am royally screwed for power now!!!Out for 14 days LAST time and they say it will be 2X this time :cry:)

2. House survived well again, no damage other than to screen room which got wacked last time.

3. Shed, which houses the red beast, was not damaged either.

4. CHAINSAW PARTY :cry: AT DON's, no food/warm beer/hose showers for everyone that comes. Lost more of my BIG oaks which saddens :cry: me a lot.

5. The rest of 485' of fence is down. Anybody need some 6' fence panels??? slightly used :cry:

Don :cry:

Clermont got spaked pretty good too- had me a hurricane party- good times until the power went out.

The great thing about a Hurricane party is you do need to worry about rounding up all of the empty beer cans- just roll them down the driveway and whoosh- they disappear!

Hope everyone made it ok.

Well I got to go in my hallway/office finally and lets say I now have a skylight (actually my office is right under the expansion joint for the roof). I am so F'd, all my paperwork is wet, 1/2" of standing water in my office, nice mildew smell thick as a hemmoroid. Got some of my Personal crap out and will take home. I'm leaving at 11:30, F'it.

I AM GOING RIDING SOMEWHERE THIS F'ING WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

Wow, they got us back on today. A crew from Illinois worked on it most of the day and got it back on around 5:30 or so...

Man that sucked. best of luck to you guys that are still out... :cry:

Hey I guess I got lucky again, :cry: other than a little tree damage :cry:. Sorry to hear about your shingles :cry:. Hope to see you guys soon. :cry:

Papasmurf I'm in east Orlando & we had plenty of experience with missing shingles from Charlie. Don't do the blue tarp thing if you can help it. All the people that had tarps in our area lost them in Frances or Jeanne and had water damage to their interior drywall ceilings.

Here is a link that explains the shingle replacement process very well. http://www.easy2.com/cm/easy/diy_ht_index.asp?page_id=35694348 Its real easy once you do a few. :cry:

Good luck!

Lost Power Sunday morning at 2am and went outside to check out the winds........ :cry: .......just UNREAL what my eyes saw. Gusts of 120 mph and moving 80 ft. Pine trees like they were nothing. Could here the winds going though the trees in the distance and man it was scary. Thought my roof would be off and gone down the street. But it looks like 1000 shingles off the roof and drywall damage from water coming in. Got Power back on the 28th at 8pm.

Hole yard and pool full of stuff and fence down again.

Been living in Florida for over 35 yrs. and that was the worse one yet. My house had ZERO Flooding, but 100's of houses flooded in Palm Bay. AND I mean FLOODED BAD too.

Just UNREAL houses and trees can take that kind of wind(which I saw with my own eyes)and still be standing. Real scary thing to watch. To say the lest.

So today I'm doing the chainsaw thing.........bought a New Stihl 18" and goes right though about anything. Once again time to clean-up. :cry:

Glad to see everybody here on TT made it though it. As for the others not up and running(Power), I sure do hope everything is ALL WELL. :cry:

Oh........I did take a RIDE at the Compound Sunday....FUN, just like old times. :cry:

I was thinking more along an MXtrack since I figure most of the trails would be hit or miss with trees down. Not very hard to get a track back in shape. Can only go on Sunday since I still got a crap pile of trees to saw up.

What till I get my pictures posted of both Frances and Jeanne!!!!

I saw on FTR's website they were looking for folks to go replace the arrows that got blown out for skull lake. We are going to race it sunday.

The kids itchin to get back into it since I put the 262 kit and the cams on his bike. I was thinking of doing super senior C hoping there would only be 5 or 6 to compete against. LOL not even, it's more like 20. cant win for losing. :cry:

Ah, come on Phil, join in. Me and you can race each other for last :cry:. Looks like I'll be at Skull Lake HS this Sunday then.

I'll be in it all right. I'll probably be doing SSR C since I wont have to change my number plates. It's one of the few that uses a white background. I was just hoping to find a thin field (so to speak), so I could hedge my bets a little better. :cry:

I'll be riding the 250, the 450 still has a ways to go before it's ready to debut. See ya there guys. :cry: