Sign in to follow this  

Did my first friggen fraggen wheelie on Friday....

Pete says,"Come on, go up this hill, it'll be FUN!!"

So I did.

I jumped the bike, it landed on the back wheel, I sustained my wheelie for quite a bit considering that I've never done it before, then there was a tree with a ditch.

So I did the only logical thing to do at that moment. I crashed.

Very Cool! Yeah, watch out for those trees! I almost did the same thing this weekend.

BTW, Did you get your new bike yet or did I miss the announcement? :cry:

Nope, didn't get a chance to test ride my friend's bike. They were gone last weekend while we were down in the Bay Area. So still haven't narrowed down the field yet.

Went to Marine World on Sat. then caught up with friends that we haven't seen in a while the rest of weekend. Ate too much food. Visited family, etc. Got back this morining.

Hear you are suffering a little muscle fatigue?

:cry: :cry:

If you can start working out when you can't ride, it helps SOOOOO much!

Busy, busy, busy :cry: Sounds like you had a lot of fun, though.

Yeah, I thought with all the mtn biking I've been doing I'd be in fairly decent shape. Bzzzzzztt WRONG- this is a whole 'nother set of muscles that I hadn't used in twenty years. Geez, the last time I was this sore was right after high basketball tryouts! (Holy cow, that was almost 20 years ago :cry: how'd that happen?!)

Sound like you had a blast, even with the crash. :cry: Man your hubby is getting some good air. It looks like he is right at home on his new blue bike. :cry:

I did my first wheelie the first time I got on my xr100. Holy Scnikes! It scared the chit out of me! :cry: :cry:

The rear brake is your friend when it comes to wheelies, maybe not in the case you posted though DRZCat!

Yamamama can tell us about my 12 yo son's wheelie on my bike this weekend! I missed it but he gained a little more respect for the HP of my 5hunny I heard.

He seized his bike last weekend so since Yamamama & family were coming up for a ride with us and his bike was still in pieces, we did the only logical thing - gave my bike to him and the Man brought home a demo 04CRF450 for me. What a sweet ride BUT I can now say that I would opt for Estart on a big thumper.

What a total pita to start when stalled on a hill. Geeze, squeezing the front brake to keep from totally sliding backwards with each kick & kick & kick and holding the stinking hot start lever & kick & kick & kick............ finally it fires & dies. GIVE ME MY ONE KICK 2 SMOKE!!! but with the lighter frame of the little 450! I DID get it up that stinking hill though - came back later on the Man's AF and made it even easier.

What a dilemma, the sweetie wants me to pick out my Christmas present but I'm sooo confused. CR500AF, CR250R or go thumpin on the CRF450 or maybe the new CRF450X which will have the E-start. Maybe I'll just keep my pretty pink bike, it's been beat into submission but apparently has a mind similar to an equine - will rare up with a smaller rider! :cry:

TELL me about it!! Still confused on what to get. Wanted to try my friend's two smoke but they weren't around. Oh well.

I'm just excited I actually wheelied and didn't die!! :cry: :cry:

It was a total eye popper! :cry: I was sooooo glad it wasn't me with the front tire straight up in the air . He recovered awesome, and rode on like nothing happened. I would be carried down the hill, either too afraid to get back on or on a stretcher. :cry: :cry:

Thanks again bbbom for the beautiful hilltop views and the awsome ride. Looking forward to doing it all again. :cry:

So, Yamamama, how are you liking that KX? I wonder if your introduction was as fun as mine! :cry::cry:

I didn't get to ride my KX. :cry: I was on my ttr 125, because hubby twisted a head bolt on his. Had to order those, so he got the little screamer for the day. At least we were all able to ride. :cry:

I will be taking it out this weekend for some test riding. We are very lucky to have an ORV park close. It is 600 acres of hills, whoops, sand, trees, rocks, roots, etc.... It is really a great place to try out a new bike and be close to the truck, just in case. :cry:

Next weekend maybe will try the trail again with bbbom or go to the mountains east of here(Canfield trails). If I can talk hubby into it I would love to join the club up at a workday. Is a lot longer drive, but would be fun meeting more new people. It all depends on how it feels while test riding and what needs to be done(fixed :cry:) after I ride (no doubt there will be crashing involved).

Read your Jello post. Sounds like you had a great maiden voyage. :cry:

Yamamama, speaking of crashing, get the barkbusters for the KX as soon as you can. They aren't just for trees & bushes, they actually do a good job of protecting your levers from the ground.

Also, a good way to save your levers & perches is to put teflon tape between the perch & the handlebars then tighten the bolts on the perches just to where the levers don't slide around on the bars or move too much on the bars when you grab the levers. Keep them loose enough that they can turn on the bars when you PUSH them with some extra effort up or down around the bars. That way even without barkbusters, they can slide around the bars instead of snapping when they hit the ground.

Also, a good way to save your levers & perches is to put teflon tape between the perch & the handlebars then tighten the bolts on the perches just to where the levers don't slide around on the bars or move too much on the bars when you grab the levers. Keep them loose enough that they can turn on the bars when you PUSH them with some extra effort up or down around the bars. That way even without barkbusters, they can slide around the bars instead of snapping when they hit the ground.

Ah, that's a good tip!! I actually do that with my mtn bike (for the brakes) :cry:

Good tip! I already have the tape. Barkbusters are the first mod on the list for this weekend. Someone said Meyers brand @ Ed's are only $29.99, did I hear that right last weekend?

Other then the barkbusters, I'm leaving everything alone. I need to get more seat time to really know how I will ride it and what I want the bike to do for me on the trails.

I think my brother said he got his at Ed's for $29.99 it's spelled Maier's (nothing to do with dirtbikes is ever spelled the easy way!). :cry:

I would go to AllSport though because they are much nicer, can get the same stuff for the same price and I think they give a 10% discount to PANTRA members. (Hi Honey!!!! :cry:)

The mounts can be a bit tedious to get on the bike and the instructions are usually not nearly as complete as they should be. Give me a call or post if you have any problems figuring out how to get them on.

I changed out handlebars enough times on my KLX that I got pretty good at getting everything back in place including the barkbusters.