Sign in to follow this  

Knee Braces

Looking to buy the asterisk Cell, I think. I have been viewing this forum a while and thanks for all the help. I have just became a member. Started racing this year at 34, got last first moto, expected. Haven't placed last since.

If you have previous knee probs, see if your Doc will give you a prescription for fitted knee braces. Insurance might pick up the tab, too. I've worn CTI's on both knees since '99 when I changed from Lennox knee braces and I couldn't be happier. Good luck.

You might think about the evs web carbon brace, cheaper than the cell, and a better strap system then the lasing on the aserisk, witch has caused me wery mutch trouble....

3 years on my asterisks. Ever since they changed to kevlar cables after the 1st year. Haven't had any touble since the kevlar switch. I'm very happy with them.

Another vote for Cells. I love mine. I thought I read that EVS was replacing the WEB with a new design and selling them as a pair similar to the Asterisks. I think I saw an preview on the MXA site.

I have a prescribed Innovation Sports Cti2 for my right knee and I bought the asterisk cell for my left cuz I couldnt afford the cti2 for the left. I love them both!! Go for the cells if you can. 549 for a pair, or i got one for 299. Hard to beat that for how nice they are! :cry:

I have used them now for two years.

I got them after I had a git off and my knee was swollen to un-natural proportions.

It was hard to get used to them at first and I contribute that to the fact that I was nursing a bum knee while adapting to the braces.

If I could do it over again I would purchase the braces before an accident.

I have had numerous falls since I started riding with the Cell Braces and have complete confidence in them for protection and longevity.

I would also recommend the new calf socks with the venting in the back that asterisk makes. Just fold them over the top of the brace to keep them from bunching up and chaffing the back of your legs.

I won’t ride with out my knee braces.

Check with your insurance. I think someone already said it but if you can get a prescription, you can get em paid for.

I have a custom DonJoy Defiance and two CTI2's. After I tore my left ACL, I bought the donjoy out of pocket. The stupid thing is uncomfortable and I didn't like it very much. I decided to have my acl fixed when I went to see the Orthopedic Surgeon about my broken right tibia/fibula. He prescribed some knee braces for me and I got the call from the local CTI rep. He initially had me prescribed for over the counter braces but I asked for the custom ones. They gladly called and changed the prescription.

Sorry for the long rant but bottom line, try to get something that fits, is made for you, and is comfortable. I wont even ride a mini bike around the parking lot without my knee braces.

i've been using cti-2 braces since 1994 and love them. they just started falling appart after 10 yrs but come with a lifetime warranty.

i'm planning on having my doctor write me a script for another set so i dont have to be without for a month. riding without them feels like riding without a helmet!

I rode a six hour GNCC type event yesterday with the Cells. This was my first ride with them and I was very impressed. They are more comfortable than the CTi Edge braces I have been using, and didn't slide down my leg like the Edge does after a few hours. The built in patela cup does a good job of deflecting stones too.

Make sure you try them on and get the right size. I used the size chart on Asterisk's web site and figured I was a medium, but the medium would not allow my knee to bend properly and I had to swap for large.

I found that the laces were pinching in the area behind the knee when bending 90 degrees or more, but re-lacing without the first lace holes prevented this.