Sign in to follow this  

When to replace radiators?

I've done some damage to both sides of my radiator (DRZ E) -- the braces have done some help but visual inspection reveals that the radiator is far from perfect.... No coolant leaks...The bike has been cooling itself fine so far...

So, at what point do you say "enough is enough" and spring for the rad. replacement? Also, whats the approx. price of this replacement ?

Thanks

I've done some damage to both sides of my radiator (DRZ E) -- the braces have done some help but visual inspection reveals that the radiator is far from perfect.... No coolant leaks...The bike has been cooling itself fine so far...

So, at what point do you say "enough is enough" and spring for the rad. replacement? Also, whats the approx. price of this replacement ?

Thanks

your looking at about 300 smackers per side :cry:

Find a few days when your not riding, send um off to mylers,, they will be in and out of his shop in just a day or so.. And come back straight and leak free.....at a great price (I've paid $35 for a bent one, and $55 for a bent and leaking one)

Those aren't something you want to replace. Like he said they are about $300 each :cry:. I found that out after I crushed one. Luckily I could get it fixed. Get some of the Unabiker radiator guards before you do any more damage. I got some, and I am sure I would have done more radiator damage without them.

Thanks for the info...

I do have radiator braces and they didn't seem to do a whole lot-- although Im sure the damage would have been worse without them...

Ill send 'em away this winter and get some better guards...

thanks

I recently smashed mine. It's not leaking and I was going to send it to Mylers this winter. However, I picked up one from a fellow TTer for $80.

Though not quite as good, I have the thumper racing rad guards. I took a 6 inch log to the radiator. The log hit the radiator, folded back the shroud, and hit me in the shin. Unfortunately, my tech 8s were being repaired so I wasn't wearing them. I immediately laid the bike over and rolled around on the ground in pain. I was very lucky I didn't break my leg.

your looking at about 300 smackers per side :cry:

Unless you ride a KTM. Then it's $150 a side... :cry: