what is the best 250 thumper for me

Fathom's suggestion is actually pretty good since the 250 four strokes are all pretty good.

I just bought a new Husky TE250 and would recommend the bike over the others, though I haven't ridden many of them, for two reasons. One is that dealers are closing out the 2004's and you can get a killer deal on one. The other is the ease of adjusting the valves.

It takes only about twenty minutes to re-shim the Husky and it is as easy as can be. Remove the valve cover and you'll find what looks almost like a binder clip between the rocker arms. Pull that clip and the rocker arms slide out of the way and all you need is a magnetic wand and you can pull out the old shim. Put a dab of grease on a feeler gauge and use that to position the new shim. Slide the rocker back over do the next one and then replace the clip. It is as easy as it sounds.

If neither of those are a big deal to you, then pick your favorite color and you're set.

Greg

CRF250R has a mellow motor with good suspension and brakes, but valve problums, Yamah has a all around good motor, suspension, and brakes but it feels heavier and is harder to corner. Teh KXF/RMZ sound really awsome. They had an over heating problum for 2004 but it is fixed in the 2005 model. the KXF/RMZ have really nice bottom to mid for wheelie popin action and exiting corners into jumps ?, but they don't have allot on the top end. If it was my choice I would get the KXF or the YZF