Sign in to follow this  

Trail Riding at The cove 10/9/04

I was thinking about just coming for the day. I've never been there before, but I only live about 35 miles away. Do you need to get prior permission before you arrive?

Thanks

no you dont need permission, its a public place, you just have to sign in at the office and if its your first time you have to sign a waiver.

Can anyone make it there this Friday Sep 20? I've got the day off and I'd like to try it out. It would be good to meet up with some Thumper talk buddies. I'll leave my house around 6:00-6:30 which should put me there around 9:15 AM.

Doug

i cant make it up there this friday, ive already made plans to go on oct 8th-9th, if you could go then i would be happy to show you around, i dont really know any of the trails but i could take you up the pinnacle, its on top of the mountain and theres a great view up there.

What's the place like, how many miles of trails, well marked, how difficult, etc? It's a pretty long haul for me so I'd like to know as much about it as I can. I'm definately going riding somewhere this Friday and I'd like to try something new. I might be able to make it next Saturday as well but I'm not sure about that yet.

its a pretty cool place, they are marked pretty good, i wouldnt really know though, since i always ride by myself i havent really rode the trails, but from what i have rode for me they are tough for me, but i havent been riding that long so, i think theres about 4 or 5 trails ranging in difficulty, they are like 1-6 miles long i think, but theres a bunch of stuff off the trails that are fun, like some of the jeep trails out there. hope that helped!

Thanks Trailrider,

Yes, that helps it sounds like a cool place.

I just started riding again this spring after not being on a bike for 20 years so I'n no expert either. Hope we can hook up one of these days. I'm not sure if I'm going all the way down there this Friday unless someone else is going to go, but as I said I'd sure like to try a new place. If something changes and you can get away this Friday give me a shout. It sounds like the weather will be perfect, at least around here.

Doug

just got back, they didnt have any bearings in stock so i had to order them they should be here weds, if not im screwed. but anyways i should be at the cove at around 3:30 -4, gotta leave after i get out of school :cry:

yeah man, im gonna leave friday morning so i should be down there, me and my dad are leaving and we should be there about 8 am. we are going to be at camp six, so just look for the grey van towing a black and silver 4x4 truck :cry:

just got back from the cove, had a great time with jekyl and his friend, we got alot of trail riding done. hope to do it again soon!

Nice place to ride. Very intrigued by the quick sand lake at one end of their lot. Kinda pricey though at $20 a day when there is free forest area not far from there.