Uptite and 610's

Ok, I stuck the Uptite system on last weekend, and then did the jetting this weekend. Fired it up, and tuned it as well. And yes, the Uptite is loud, but not nearly as loud as I had anticipated given everyone else’s experience with it.

Now, I’m also contemplating purchasing George’s (Uptite's) cam for my 610. (yes, I like power)

Has ANYONE used his cam, or know of anyone else that has, and can relate your experience with it??

It’s roughly $400, so I don’t want to get it if I won’t like it. From what George says, reliability won’t suffer any, only a gain in performance.

Just checking with you all before I possibly move forward with purchasing one.

And George was quite helpful in suggesting the proper jets and fuel for my combo thus far on his own time. Appreciate his help! ?

I had George put his cam in my 1992 350 about 10 years ago. The bike now has over 5,000 hard miles and has run great the whole time. the cam perked the 350 up so much that people hd a hard time believing I was on the "small" thumper. I am sure you will like the cam in the 610.

I had a 95 610 with an UPtite pipe and motor. It was a wounderfull thing. Great power. I never had any problems with it. His cams have a builtin compression thing so you don't have to use the compression release when starting the bike. I would buy anything the guy at Uptite says is good. He knows his stuff. .....there's my 2 cents.

Appreciate the info additional feedback guys.

Will likely move forward with purchasing after I benchmark the power improvement with the pipe next run out…

Sounds like it will be a nice little improvement!

Ryan-

George,is not only a great Husky dealer but a great person as well.He helped me in 1997 when I was sick and to this day still ask about my health.When I'm ready for A TC 250 it will be from George.And I live in Minnesota along way from Cali.Frog

The guy to talk to is Russ Fletcher. He runs Fltech Trick out of washington and is connected with Big Gun. Good Luck contacting him...you may try Big Gun and hunt down his number. He recommends the TC cam because it is lighter than the TE. He also has lots of other knowledge about the 610 motor. You may also be interested in contcting Hansen Racing Technologies in Chico, HRT makes a pipe also. I have heard on this forum that he can do some good stuff as well. It's about 180-90 (i think) for the tc cam.

I've talked to him a little over a year ago. They wanted to do headwork/piston and a new carb. We're talking about a $1500+ adventure here. Carb alone was like $500-600. I can't spend that much.

I think the cam is the way to go for my needs at this point. Whether the uptite or the TC.

HRT, never heard of them. I'll call them about the pipe and see what it's all about. Interesting.

Thanks for the info.

Called HRT the other day. Craig, who is the main brain there/owner called me back. He does make an exhaust system. He makes one for all the Husky 4 strokers. 400/410/510/610/570 and I think the air cooled ones too. He doesn’t make an all in one pipe that fits any of these apps, but he makes them individual to each bike, so exhaust flow is relative to each bike, not an all in one do-dad.

They cost the same as the Uptite, $400. It’s only 96DB, compared to the 98-100 of the Uptite. It will pass a sound test. It doesn’t use packing, which is cool. It’s a stepped up header design. It uses 2 header bolts on each header instead of one like everything else. It does not have a 90 degree bend in the headers like everything else. It creates 2-4 horses over the most efficient Husky design stock system. I believe it creates 2-4 less than the Uptite, but Craig said his pipe was not designed to create the “most”, but the most effective in terms of power delivery and to smoothen out the power band overall so the powerband is not as choppy, so the rear wheel isn’t spinning as much as it is hooking up.

Anyhow, he also knows A LOT about these engines and how to make them perform. I believe he said he even makes his own valves for these guys, any kind of engine work, and will make them win races and do so reliably. And he does have a few bikes that are/have won many races….and the last 610 he built, he had it going 123mph using GPS on one of the more recent races, and the gearing wasn’t that far off from stock, and it was at a reasonable RPM level.

It’s nice to know there is another Husky guro out there.

Thanks for sharing his info ?. Ryan-

The guy to talk to is Russ Fletcher. He runs Fltech Trick out of washington and is connected with Big Gun. Good Luck contacting him...you may try Big Gun and hunt down his number. He recommends the TC cam because it is lighter than the TE. He also has lots of other knowledge about the 610 motor. You may also be interested in contcting Hansen Racing Technologies in Chico, HRT makes a pipe also. I have heard on this forum that he can do some good stuff as well. It's about 180-90 (i think) for the tc cam.