Sign in to follow this  

bigger rider

hello

Im 5'10" 14 years old and 140 pounds. I have a cr 85 expert and i want to get the most out of it. so if there are any riding tips or setup id like to know and also for a taller rider what do you think out of all the 125's 250fs would fight my ergonomics.

i also wanted to know how to land on jumps and takeoff with what part of your feet should you use?

i dont take much notice of where my feet are but i always have my feet centered on the footpeg, so the arch of my foot is derectly on the peg. this way you cant hurt your feet when landing.

I've read you would normally be on the balls of your feet in the "attack position" when you land. This way, you can take up some of the landing hit with your calf muscles. Try standing on your pegs on the stand, and see how much more travel your legs have when you're on the balls of your feet. Be aware that you should try to land on your arches if you're going to case the landing to avoid ankle injury.

Being 5'10" on an 85 you better crank up that rear spring. I guess they have special tools for it, but my buddy and his dad, did it with a screw driver and a hammer I believe. Since his dad knows every single piece of a motorcycle I would trust him that it works fine. On the other note always buy HONDA

If you want to crank up the rear spring you go go to like any dealer and buy a suspension wrench ( I think thats what its called ) so you can adjust it, I found it a lot easier than a screw driver and a hammer. A suspension wrench fits into those notched things on the rear shock so you can adjust it.

a screw driver can get it done without removing everything around the rear spring. I know it may not be the factory spec. type work, but it gets it done with less work and less cost.

5' 10" ? on an 80? Clean it up, sell it, and get a full size bike. You are way too tall for that bike. There is not enough bike under you.