Sign in to follow this  

Installing the Bitech mcct !

Just installed the cct from machinist as per burned's instructions that came with the part. It seemed as though the adjustment was correctly made just using my fingers to turn the adjuster. I ran it in till the chatter was gone then locked the jam. Is this pretty much what you guys found as well? I don't know if its me or what but my bike seems to run smoother now. That mcct was A1 custom man truly a work of art! Went on like a piece of cake too! :cry:

how often do you need to re adjust it ?

and is it also easy doing it with very noisy exahust ?! (There is noise limitation rule in Israel but the police doesn't enforce it :cry:) to hear/feel the rattle ?!

how often do you need to re adjust it ?

and is it also easy doing it with very noisy exahust ?! (There is noise limitation rule in Israel but the police doesn't enforce it :cry:) to hear/feel the rattle ?!

You adjust it at idle how loud can your exhaust be ? Maybe you have none at all ? :cry: I would adjust it when it starts to rattle again , just back it off till it goes away .

well , never heard about problems in israel with acct , but your pictures of ruined engine scare me :cry:

need to open engine to install the MCCT alone ?

wait a sec , forgive my ignorance...

replacing the ACCT to MCCT is dont only from the outside ?!

no need to open anything ??? huh ?

happen to have pic of acct and mcct installation ?

the screw part is the one u need to turn till the chain stop rattle , but where does the big part in the middle goes ?! (as in I don't know where mcct suppose to ne :cry:)

09_1.JPG

awsome... didn't know its very easy.

once in how much you need to re tension the mcct ?

do you feel difference in how the bike handles after installing it ?

and most important , which color should I fit the Black drz ?! :cry:

Hi all,

I installed the MCCT last Sunday and it was real easy. I didn't even have to take off the pipe. I only moved the black box out of the way a bit.

Two questions please:

1) after I completed the installation and started the bike, I realized that I had forgotten to put the top black hose back onto the black box. The black hose was puffing air out. I quickly noticed it and pushed it back into its home (then later slipped on the fastener). I don't think so, but could this 30 seconds of the hose not being connected have caused and problems? It was the top hose of the black box, not the lower one.

2) Presuming that someone does the MCCT installation totally wrong and the timing chain is too slack and either timing gear slips by a single tooth, would it be totally obvious (i.e.: crash, bang, pow, poof)?

Talk to you soon,

TZ.

Two questions please:

1) after I completed the installation and started the bike, I realized that I had forgotten to put the top black hose back onto the black box. The black hose was puffing air out. I quickly noticed it and pushed it back into its home (then later slipped on the fastener). I don't think so, but could this 30 seconds of the hose not being connected have caused and problems? It was the top hose of the black box, not the lower one.

No worry,, no harm done in what you describe :cry:

2) Presuming that someone does the MCCT installation totally wrong and the timing chain is too slack and either timing gear slips by a single tooth, would it be totally obvious (i.e.: crash, bang, pow, poof)?

Talk to you soon,

TZ.

If you got the MCCT even close, it is not going to skip a tooth while running. If you followed the install instructions, and did not rotate the motor during install everything should be fine. And yes, if it had skipped a tooth,, you would know it while running.... with a metal tapping,, then a clank,,, then the whoooooooooooooooooooooooosh sound of all your money leaving your wallet :cry:

Just out of interest, would being out by just a single tooth cause piston/valve contact? A mate has a triumph 955 and on his first service they said it was a tooth out from the factory! :cry: I'd imagine it would vary depending on the amount of duration the cams have?

And what ya talking about, I've been hearing that whooshing sound since I bought the bike! :cry:

Burned has said that he has had his for over a year and hasn't had to adjust it yet. Maybe he can let us know if thats still the case. You just adjust it if you hear the chain rattling again. I have the old style Yoshimura Exhaust and I think it's about as loud as it gets as far as exhaust systems and I could hear the chain ratteling but it was a little hard to hear over the exhaust but you definately could hear it.

I am going to go ahead and do mine. Best / only place to buy is Hyabusazone?

Not in my opinion, Machinist at machinist@bellnet.ca makes one that I like better, he is a fellow TT'er with a drz, and it costs less to boot. You will get it quick and he is great to deal with.

I agree! The tensioner that RUI sent me was first class! If some one else out there makes a better one, I'm not sure how! Only thing you could do to make it look any better is gold plate the thing . This thing is a work of art and his prices are second to none. Great product, lowest prices, fast shipping! what more could you ask for? This guy knows whats up! :cry:

Go with Rui!!! He's a great guy with a great product that actually comes with an instruction sheet. Installation was easy & customer service top notch :cry:.

Roscoe

I want one on my 01 but sadly I'll have to have it mounted for me. It does seriously suck being deaf. What a shame one of the easiest things I could do for my bike and can't friggen hear to do it. prairiedawg :cry: :cry: :cry: