Sign in to follow this  

regarding 05' rmz/kxf valves

was at broome-tioga this weekend for state championship.talked to jeff from team green.he said that the only thing that was changed about the vavles was the seat on the head.i asked if they changed the vavles ,he said no,it was the seat that was the problem.so after about 12hrs on my bike i decided to check the valves.the clearence of the vavles is still the same from what they left the factory at.so i would have to say they fixed the problem :cry:

I hope youre right. But at 12 hours, I would be too excited. It took 9 months before my '04 started spitting up valves.

I'm not trying to dog the '05... I really hope they fixed it. But, it's still too early to for me to be convinced just yet.

~Tex

RMZ+ssv

We have an o5 with a bad intake valve, all the other valves are still the same clearance. Left side intake valve. Wmr has done alot of research on the stock valves. They found that out of all the stock valves they tested only about 20% were keepers! Poor quality control, poor valve mat. or poor coating on the valves. The 05 still uses the same spring as the o4 and that is some of the problem. WMR has the best spring kit avail. anywhere !!! If you would like more info, go to there web site or call and talk to bob and he will fill your head with alot of priceless info. WMR 1-866-wmr-race

You could put the stock springs back in and save youself some money this week, only to spend more in the weeks to come. Now that is priceless!

you can replace the stock springs 6 times before you get the money for the ti springs. Now, if you blow em 6 times you are doing something wrong.

Even if you can get 6 pairs of springs, that does not take into consideration the cost of replacing the destroyed valves and head that will be destroyed. If you spend the $ for the better springs you very well may not have to deal with the issue as often if at all. :cry:

i know WMR has there stuff together on this problem.talked to them the other day and very help.know one else would sit on the phone for 20 mins while your tring to soak it all in.they have the best patiences(spelling)in the world.they work so close with suzuki.they know what is going on,plus all the testing they do.im going to buy the valve spring here shortly.i've been checking my vavles ever other ride like they said and still are at spec. :cry: i dont want to take chances either.

I agree that prevention is the best remedy, however I'm not crazy about spending 200 bucks on just springs when that isn't the final fix. You need to buy new valves (preferably ss) as well.