Sign in to follow this  

Repair Kit?

Anyone have any suggestions for a somewhat simple repair kit for offroad, simple as in flat repair and stuff like that. Anything major will have to be handled by the cellphone! :cry:

JB WELD. Great for making emergency case repairs that can leave you stranded in the middle of no where (especially after you have not listened to your fellow TT'ers and installed case savers :cry:) Once mixed, it dries and begins to get hard in about 1-3 hours, depending on the weather. Still beats having to be towed out of the woods.

#2 cross tip driver, 8, 9, 10 mm wrench, and 1/4" drive socket. Leatherman pliers, 2" 1/4 drive extension, 1/4 ratchet or T-handle. adjustable wrench that fits your front and rear axle nuts, 3 tire irons valve stem tool, allen wrenches that fit your most needed fasteners (differs depending on installed aftermarket parts.. I carry 4, 4.5, 5, 6, 8 )

They have JB weld Quick that dries in about 10 min. It has helped me many times. I carry a small bolt kit just in case and always a tow strap. I like simple stuff like a key ring that you can use as a throttle or clutch if needed, a spare fuse and the bare bones tools. I was just showing my wife how lite my kit is and told her I could do a lot of work on the bike and enough stuff to stay a night if needed. Cell phones never work where I ride :cry:

They have JB weld Quick that dries in about 10 min. It has helped me many times. I carry a small bolt kit just in case and always a tow strap. I like simple stuff like a key ring that you can use as a throttle or clutch if needed, a spare fuse and the bare bones tools. I was just showing my wife how lite my kit is and told her I could do a lot of work on the bike and enough stuff to stay a night if needed. Cell phones never work where I ride :cry:

What about the most important thing (atleast where I come from...) Try NOT to ride alone...

atleast 2-3 poeple so if one needs to go bring help/fuel the other 2 don't stay alone.