Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have a 05 WR250 ????

Does anyone have a 05 WR250 and your on the shorter side of life. Reason I was asking is is that being that I am 5'5 and currently have a ttr250 but want something more!!! . I know I can go with the 04 crf250 and shave the seat and flat foot it. (A friend has it)I am a yamaha person on do NOT want to go red ( my kids would kill me). Thanks for any info you have.

Rode 05 model at photo shoot in Montana two months ago for about 15 miles after shoot was over. Seat height is a lot lower than 04 but is more for 5' 9" person now. I am 5'11" and could stop with both feet on the ground. There was a model there that was 5'7" and it was tippy toes for that person. Anything with over 9 inches of travel will be too tall for 5'5". But can lower the subframe and drop the forks and get it way better than 01-04 models. Tank is way slim like the two strokes so that helps with handling the bike if a person is on the short side. TTR is still the way to go for normal trail riding. Very stealthy quiet with new exaust. Ran good but still had the throttle stop so could not really see how zippy it is for 05.