Sign in to follow this  

Coal Creek, Near Knoxville, TN

For any of you who might visit Coal Creek sometime in the near future. Be advised that trail 16 is a mess. It is passable, but muddy and extremely rocky (imagine a trail full of rocks ranging in size from golfballs to microwaves!) The trail absolutely kicked my a$$. The rest of the trails were great. Anything from wide gravel roads to tight and twisty, and the scenery is hard to beat. I'm glad I live close to this place! Some of the best riding I've done.

PilotHawK

Are you talking about windrock? owned by the coal company?.. i've never heard of coal creek...

-Craig

For any of you who might visit Coal Creek sometime in the near future. Be advised that trail 16 is a mess. It is passable, but muddy and extremely rocky (imagine a trail full of rocks ranging in size from golfballs to microwaves!) The trail absolutely kicked my a$$. The rest of the trails were great. Anything from wide gravel roads to tight and twisty, and the scenery is hard to beat. I'm glad I live close to this place! Some of the best riding I've done.

PilotHawK

I agree 16 is fun. The rocks are not a problem for me but the ATV ruts on the slick clay uphills is torture! Make sure you take 16 out away from the parking lot it is a lot harder coming back! :cry: