Sign in to follow this  

Moab Information Hard To Find?

Is it just me or is information (forums, etc) on Moab riding hard to come by - with the exception of everyone's help here. I cant find anything OTHER than here, in fact.

LB,

What info you looking for?

Lodging?

Trail?

Eateries?

Send me a PM, I'll do my best to help.

I was just trying to get info on riding and camping. I've pretty much got it figured out, but I was surprised that the information wasn't more readily available. I get the impression you cannot hop on your dirtbike and ride directly from your campsite (wherever that may be), correct? I think i'll have to load up and drive to the trail heads. But if there is a campground with trail access, that information would be helpful.

I get the impression you cannot hop on your dirtbike and ride directly from your campsite (wherever that may be), correct?

You can likely find primitive camping along many of the trails. I am not aware of any campgrounds with any kind of service (hookups) however. A must have once you get there is the latitude 40 trail maps...they have one for the east, one for the west.

I get the impression you cannot hop on your dirtbike and ride directly from your campsite (wherever that may be), correct? I think i'll have to load up and drive to the trail heads. But if there is a campground with trail access, that information would be helpful.

the bulk of the recreational users in moab are jeepers and bicyclists, so there is tons of info on sites dedicated to those pastimes, but most of the jeeps and all the bicycles are street-legal, so they don't much care about that angle.

you can camp at sand flats recreation area and have access to several trails from your camp (including slickrock). you can camp up near gemini bridges and have easy access to trails up there (sovereign, gold bar rim/poison spider, hidden canyon, klondike bluffs, monitor/merrimac, etc...) but then you're far from town. if you get bored, check out my website (link in sig, i think). i have an article on dirtbiking in moab. not all that informative, but better than nothing.

moab is a good place to have a dual-sported bike. i vastly prefer to ride from town, and to have easy access to a cold beer the second i get off the bike back in camp.

mw

There are many campgrounds in town with all different amenities. Slap any ol plate on your bike and ride from town. The locals don't much care, they would rather have you there spending money, just ride correctly on the pavement. The state highway patrol might think differently though.You'll run into other motos all through town to ride with or get info from.