Sign in to follow this  

Mystery wire after subframe removal

03 Kicker

I tore the subframe off to replace the shock spring and when I put it back together noticed a single blacke wire that comes up the frame tube next to the countershaft, under the overflow tank, that has a single black connector on it. I dont recall undoing it when I disasembled it and dont see anywhere where the thing plugs into.

Is this an extra wire left over for the e start or something or does it actually go somewhere?

The E and kicker use a different wire harness so the wire is not an unused wire. Are you sure it is black? There is only 1 solid black wire. It comes from the stator and goes to the CDI but it is inside a jacket and goes to the 4 wire plug of the CDI. Does the wire have a white trace line on it? Then it is a ground wire. I only see 1 ground wire that has a single terminal connector on it. It is the main system ground. It goes to a wire that has a ring terminal on it but I can not tell where the wire is located from the wire diagram. On an E it goes to the battery neg terminal. I don't know on the kicker where it is grounded to the frame

It has a single male connector on it. Im digging in a little deeper now...

Here is a shot out of the manual. I just dont see where it plugs under the seat. I must be blind, stupid or both...

mystery_wire.jpg

Oh now I see. The wire you refer to is actually a bundle of 4 wires inside a plastic jacket. That 4 wire bundle plugs into the DCI box. There is a 4 terminal connector on the end, right? The wires are the trigger pick up for the CDI box.