Sign in to follow this  

2001 wr250f jetting ?

Just bought A stock 2001 wr250f, I removed the airbox cover, Cut the gray wire, Cut the throttle-stop screw, And stock yzf exhaust. Can anyone give me ballpark jetting. Should I change to yzf timing also?

Are you having any problems?

Stock jetting is usually a fairly good setting. Check the carburetor to see what jets are in it now. The YZ jetting is not much different on your model.

James

Thanks, I'll check the jetting in the carb vs my manual to see where i'm at for starts. Do you think the stock timing will work with my mods.

If I can't seem to get it jetted right, with the mods that I have done so far. What total mods would I need to do to run stock yzf jetting?

The jetting is nearly the same on a 2001 WR250F. Try 1 step richer clip position and keep adjusting the fuel screw inwards or outwards to find the setting with best response.

James

Pay attention to the topend/main jet.

I remember when I made those exact changes I went up on the main to a #175.

I was riding on a familier firebreak wide open and was looking for another gear!! Very noticeable.

Later I also ended up going to a richer needle (Yamaha obeln #5nl-14916-en From the manual)That seemed to help also.

My bike now: 01 WR250f Free mods/FMF Q 03' ex cam

1500 ft

Pilot #42

Main #175

leak #40

Needle JD Blue clip pos. #4

Just some info to let you know your in the ball park!!

ALL MODS LEARNED ON THUMPERTALK!!!!!

Let us know how it goes.