Sign in to follow this  

Bar Risers....

I'm looking for handle bar risers.

Anyone using bar risers from this place? http://www.zianet.com/genmar/

I'd like to raise the handle bars about 1" and would prefer to keep the stock Renthal 7/8" handle bars, and triple clamp.

I'm 6'1" tall.

When I'm riding at my local motorcycle park (where I'm pretty comfortable and familiar with the trails) I tend to ride standing up almost all the time - so the bar risers would be great. But, when I go to a place that I'm not very familiar with, I tend to spend alot of time in the seat and would want the bars down at the stock height.

I've seen the BRP risers but they only raise the bars about 1 cm or 1/4 in. I need about 3/4" - 1"......

Mr.G,

I'm pretty sure that Pro-Taper offers adapters/risers. I bought some for my Z400-S and got a modest raise of about 3/4", but then after the install, ya have to use 1 & 1/8 fatbars... but remain 7/8" on the bar ends for mounting the controls.

Still was not high enough for me. So I got the Big Dr risers from Andy Jones of TT, and they are really great. Standing for lengthy periods of time is easier, and steep downhills aren't as intimidating as before.

SSR :cry:

Someone else on this site recomended it to me and it works great. Get another set up top mounts and longer bolts, then flip the extra set and put them under the bars. This will raise them up about 3/4 of a inch and it costs about nothing.

BigDR -- is that the guy that makes them for the DRZs?

I think those are 1 1/2" up and 1 1/4" forward risers. Is that what you have Family Rider? Can you still get to the fork vent screws with a straight screwdriver? Got any pics you could email me?

I was using the pro-taper ones...but my mistake was buying like the pro-taper mids...it sort of canceled out what I was trying to do.

Yes - BigDR is Andy's TT user name. He has been making them for the DRZs for quite some time. This summer he made a version that fits the CRFs.

It has the same 1.5" rise, but a 32 mm (1.25") forward offset instead of the 35mm (1.37") due to the bolt spacing.

I will check the fork vent screw and take some pictures this weekend. I haven't had them very long, but they were very easy to install. I didn't have to re-route any cables - everything fit perfectly.