Sign in to follow this  

Varner/ Alessi 04 crf 450, WOW

My neighbor bought Mike Alessi's 04 crf 450, fastest thing I have ever seen in 250 class......

Sorry I'm not pimp enough to own a digital, but I just thought you guys should know. It's not the way the bike looks (Although it looks great). Its how fast it is. He is running a 46 on the rear and it still pulls hole shots like a champ....

How do you see how fast it is? I'm pretty sure if Ricky got on my pretty much stock 02' it would be the fastest thing you have ever seen also.

It's hard to motor past a higher hp bike off the line. Or in a long strait. Varner quoted the bike having some 60+hp....WOW

I know Varner builds some damn fast engines, but I would certainly put my RHC/FFR engine up against that one...it's faster than I know what to do with sometimes! (more often than not haha). :cry:

60hp? Wow, I wonder what Kyle Lewis' bike had at Glen Helen? It was the one that holeshot both motos yet still had what appears to be a stock pipe. All the 450's the pros ride are pretty steamy, I think talent still comes into play anywhere on the track. Put anyone here and a top level pro on identical bikes and see which one gets the holeshot.

All pro's HERE raise there hands....

Where is the damn raises hand smiley?

BTW, my bike puts out 78 HP to the rear wheel since I removed the carb. It just needed to breath more. :cry: :cry:

There is no BS here guys.

I saw the bikes last night out at LACR - they sure were sweet. He bought 4 of them from the Alessi's.

2 of Jeffs and 2 of Mikes. One each are fully built 450s and One of each are punched out to 505s as open class bikes.

They are the closest thing you can get to a factory ride, and are incredible.

Not sure what his plans are for all 4 of them - but one is the actual bike Mike podiumed with at Steel City, so it has to be worth something.

Kirk

The one I have seen was purchased from Terry Varner, and Rebuilt for somewhere in the low sixes. With that came stiffer spring from that of the lightweight Alessi. The bike was bought new in November of last year, and retired early this year. Rumor has it that Mike's dad will not show up to a big event without new equiptment.

brook76,

they must be different bikes then, as these came directly from the Alessi's with tons of extra parts and such.

kirk

dare I say this, but a friend of mine here in Florida just bought 2 of Kyle Lewis's bikes, they should be here thursday or friday of this week, Im really curious to see how fast they really are, but Im more interested in the suspension. An 04 crf450 makes more power than 99.9% of non-pro riders can use, but I think anyone who races at all would rather have an incredible handling bike?? Just my humble opinion.

I think its the works suspension that puts these bikes out of most of our price ranges.....I was kidding before, I have seen this bike but I have only ridden it down the road. I can say that compared to my 450 this bike has a ton more low end and can easily pull the tall gearing that it has. Skill level is a huge factor in motocross no matter how much HP your bike makes.