Draining Radiator

When you have to drain the radiators completely using the drain bolt by the water pump, do you do it when the engine is hot or cold for better flow? ?

And what does the bleed bolts do on top of the radiators do and when do you use them? Do you loosen them off to help the coolent flow quicker? ?

Or is there an easy way to drain?

Thanks

Unless you want a face full of hot coolant when you remove the radiator cap, it's better to do it when the bike's cool. Without the radiator cap in place, the coolant will flow out fast, so be ready with a suitable container.

You loosen the bleeder bolt after you've refilled the system with fresh coolant to bleed off the air. Be careful when you re-tighten this bolt...it's only 4 lb-ft.

When you have to drain the radiators completely using the drain bolt by the water pump, do you do it when the engine is hot or cold for better flow? ?

And what does the bleed bolts do on top of the radiators do and when do you use them? Do you loosen them off to help the coolent flow quicker? ?

Or is there an easy way to drain?

Thanks

Cold, no need to do it hot.

The screws on top are for air bleed.. ie trapped air. Yes you can loosen them,, while draining.. but no real need. open the cap,, it will drain just fine.. To be honest,, I just pull the hoses and let it go in to my drain pan.... I do not have the time or patience to let it all come out of the 4mm drain hole.