Sign in to follow this  

New (first) Bike on Thurs.

I would say tires if you plan on going off the pavement AT ALL! You might even try to deal it out with the dealer if you are buying from one.

I agree, I wished that I had listened and just got rid of the deathwings but for now I am still dealing with them and they are a terrible off pavement tire.

Having just bought a DRZ myself, I'm off-road for the first time. I'm glad the bike came with Trailwings because they're useless as an off road tyre and the bike slides around on dirt a lot at small throttle openings and low speed. I've got used feeling the bike move around under me so that, when I get knobbly tyres and it cuts loose on those, I'll be ready for it.

I'd go for the following:

First, look after yourself

Good MX or enduro boots and a good lid (helmet)

and some body armour, elbow and knee guards. Gloves on you and barkbusters on the bike will keep your digits functioning too.

Then look after the bike/wallet:

Unabiker Rad guards

CFC Case guards

A big wrap-around bash guard under the engine (mine's CRD)

Alloy bars and new grips

Cheers

Ian

What a day! I got my permit, then picked up my bike. Put about 110 miles on it (All Street). So far I'm impressed. However, this is my first bike so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm hooked, I can't wait to share more riding experiences with the other great riders on this forum.

HH

PS. I didn't know that there was a bun-warmer in my seat :cry: But maybe that's from riding in this NY 60 degree weather.

Get the CFC guards. First time I rode out to the desert I dropped the bike and dented the case.

Another mod worth doing is re-gearing (re-sprocketing?) if you spend time off the hwy.

A bigger gas tank and hand guards.

Good luck.... It's a fun bike!

Lots of good suggestions here about! Got to rid your self of the tires first thing! Helmet and boots ,DUH! Bark busters, Radiator protection, Skid plate and side covers are a must have for all DRZ's heading to the trail. If you don't get them . don't ride alone and take a tow rope as it will just be a matter of time before you will need it!Great bikes but they need a little help in the armor devision for sure!Don't cha love the way it makes you feel when you go out and look at it? :cry: :cry: