Sign in to follow this  

I want sliders for the bottom of my boots...Any Ideas

If someone would just make a delrin slider I can stick on to my tech 8s I would buy them today.

Has anyone worked on this?

I made some for my boots out of delrin sheet. I just cut it to shape and attached it with big wood screws into the sole of the boot. I only replaced the heel because thats what was wearing away, and i didnt want to bother making something out of multiple pieces to fit the curved part of the sold. Unfortunately i have no pics.

I met another guy at the track that had made replacement sliders for his sidi boots with good results, again out of delrin.

Are you the guy that broke your leg at Beaverun?

Cuz I'm the other guy that broke his leg at Beaverun. I caught my Alpinestars Vector boot on a curb and snapped my leg just above my ankle..

So I bought some Tech 8s and hope to screw some delrin to the heel..

Any idea where I might find some??

Actually, my rubber soled vectors got very hot after a few laps and caught part of a curb in a slow corner and snapped my leg.

I'm not the first guy to have this experience. So anything with a hard sole will help...

Are you the guy that broke your leg at Beaverun?

Nope! The guy i mentioned, that i talked to who had also made sliders, HE was the other guy that broke his leg at beaverun!

I bought the delrin online from McMaster Carr... McMaster's Website

Its kind of expensive, but you can get sheets, bars, whatever size you want. The stuff I used was about .375" thick, i think.

While not exactly what your looking for...

I bought the FLY Supermoto boots earlier this year.

They have a ceramic/composite sole that slides real nice, and seem to be wearing really well.

Plus, there only $160! :cry:

(I'm not sponsored by FLY, or anyone else for that matter :cry:)

If someone would just make a delrin slider I can stick on to my tech 8s I would buy them today.

There's a guy in Northern CA named Robert "Tippy-Toe" Bacosa who makes these, I think. They are dirt cheap, and they seem to work well. In the 209 area code, I believe - RAB Racing Products.

Try Reflex Racing in the U.K. - they ship abroad !! :cry:

i'm from the Uk and have never heard of them. I just recently got some new Tech 8's and was wondering the same so can you tell me where this company is by any chance?

a co-worker used the sidi sliders on his tech-8s, he just used sheet metal screws to atach them. This was marginal at best with a fairly high loss rate. I was talking with Chuckie 108 and he used some fancy glue from work. The glue was used to fix urathane bumpers on cars (or maybe it was used to glue trim?) It was a hard to use with out the special mixing gun and it was $$.$$ So I used JB Weld on my boots. Not only can it fix an engine block on a tractor but it worked on my boots as well. The JB Weld Kwik worked better (faster drying time less sagging)

why arnt you wearing SIDI FORCE SRS with the replaceable sliders.? the soles are 18 bucks and the sliders are 18.00 and both are replaced by unscrewing the bolts from soles

Because I broke my ankle and need the most supportive boots available and the Sidi's are not it..

Because I broke my ankle and need the most supportive boots available and the Sidi's are not it..

HUH????? the force srs not supportive enough you gonna wear ski boots?:cry:

dont' get me wrong, they are great boots..

but if you had my ankle injury, you would look for the absolute best thing you can find. Tech 10's as soon as they are available..