Sign in to follow this  

Aced my Washington skills test!

100% on my skills test! :cry: Motorcycle endorsement now in my wallet! Rode my TT-R 250 to work last Friday for the 1st time. It was very cool to ride to a gas station and fuel up without the bike being in the back of my pickup! :cry: Oh, and only $4.45 to fill it up from reserve with premium. Just a little cheaper than the $60 bucks to fill my Dodge Cummins. :cry:

I just passed the WA skills test today, wasn't it just too much fun watching all those Harley guys running over cones and trying to man-handle those heavy things around at low speed! Then I go out there on my DR and breeze through it all without breaking a sweat.

Congrats!!! :cry: I remember taking mine back in 1980. Did it then on a Honda CB750F. Passed no problem but I remember going to the DMV when it was closed and practiced on the course. One day there was an employee watching me and gave me some tips on what to expect!! I still Thank Him!!

Ride safe! :cry:

I passed my CA a few months back, cones no problem, the 3mph "circle of death"...big problem, even on my DRZ.

I just passed the WA skills test today, wasn't it just too much fun watching all those Harley guys running over cones and trying to man-handle those heavy things around at low speed! Then I go out there on my DR and breeze through it all without breaking a sweat.

Too funny! :cry: When I took my test in Hawaii I watched a few people flunk. I did it 10 years ago on my old DR350 standing on the pegs. I told the lady running the test, "Its a good thing you flunked those guys cause they would kill themselves or someone on the road!!" Some people who passed still didn't have many skills. :cry: :cry:

A few years ago I barely passed the WA test on my CBR600 (the bike wouldn't idle slow enough for those staggered cones). The same day, some dude on a KLR failed the test, must've been his 1st bike!

I took my CA riding test in 1984. I trucked my 1983 Yamaha IT250 down to the DMV. Got a lot of funny looks from people in the lot, and all of the 16 year old kids waiting to take their driving test. But the DMV people didn't care what I rode, as long as it wasn't a moped. Funny part was that after aceing the riding test, I had parked the bike pointing toward a curb. When I went to move the bike to my truck, I tried to turn and the knobby tire pushed sideways on the slick, oil-stained asphalt. So with the paper showing my passing grade in my pocket, I ran right into the curb. I went inside to get my license hastily, before the examiner could change her mind.