Horrible Dealer...

Well i go down to get the main jet for my carb and i get the part after the guy sitting on the comp for 15mins looking it up. I go home and go to put it in, it is the wrong one, he gave me a short one and i needed a long one. This after i sat that for 15 mins while he looked it up and specifically told me it was for my bike. So i call them back, and they dont have the right one in stock, but he says i can come down and pay for the new one and they can order it. This place is a 25min drive each way, and i just bought this 4700 bike from them(xr 250 04') and they cant even give me the benefit of the doubt that i will come down and return the wrong one if they order the right one? Are most dealers this bad or is just my luck..

Mention that you are thinking of ordering everything from now on, including any new bikes from the internet. It's ridiculous that they don't have a box full of Honda jets. I'll bet some of the mechanics do...

What size and kind of carb do you have? Maybe someone here would mail you one for the cost of postage.

Mechanics don’t like to sell or trade there jets or shims ( F&$#ing $#@%$%##). The two dealers in Washington that I dealt with were the best ones I ever saw. I have even called them and ordered parts from them, now that I live in So Cal. The dealers in So. Cal. are full of a bunch of losers. I always end up screaming at them. I could call up my dealer in Wa and order parts over the phone. That was because I was tight with the parts guy. They don’t like to do that because they have a lot of flakes.

You are dealing with a pack of spooge-melds. Look for another dealer in your area, don't be afraid to check different brands as most mechanics are just that mechanics. Not brand specific and they usually have a wide range of knowledge. What you just described is just a$$-nine. ?

well i called back to order it, and magically they have it now? It wasnt for the keihin carb it was for the mukini, but they are same the jets i guess. Looks excatly the same, just longer this time thankfully. If it doesnt work, they will be getting a "friendly call". The only other dealer around here is about 40 minutes away and they would have had to order the jet as well.

I have found that most dealers are like that, more so if you're ordering parts for an older bike ( recently 1984 XR500), you obviously don't have the twelve grand or so to buy a new one, so why are they wasting their time with you?

The local yamaha dealer here ( bunch of ? lickin morons) in 2002, i asked for some parts prices for my now sold 1997 TT600R, and the guy says " 97 model? gee, that's an old one..."

W T F ? I spose Noah used a 1990 XR600 to herd all the animals into the Ark? what a joke. And, no-one, including mechanic could tell me the proper way to check oil level!! ?

I bet in 1997 they could have...

Yeah, so , while there are the occasional good ones around, most aren't worth the value of their cheapest part...

Some people just forget the most important part of the sale is, after the sale!

So far, great service from my parts guy! You'r my boy Blue!

I wouldn't put up with that crap, I'm dropping coin we are doing this over the phone. When I pick up it better all be the right parts.

but he says i can come down and pay for the new one and they can order it.

-This is the main ( no pun intended) problem with dealers. Theywill gladly sell you a 6,000.00 motorcycle, but can't even stock a 2.00 part so you can make your bike run correctly. Then if they do have the supposed parts, some minimum wage part jockey can't even correctly look up the part # with the help of his trusty 'ole 'puter. ? I ALWAYS go to my dealer with part # in hand, then they have no exscuse when they order incorrectly............

The more I read about everyone elses dealers, the more I like mine.

the closest yamaha dealer is just like the ones you guys describe, I asked their "LEAD bike salesman" if he rode, he said "a motorcycle? nope never! I'd be afraid of getting hurt" ?

The dealer I bought my WR from is 70 miles away but WELL worth the drive, these guys (Lemond's honda/yamaha/kawasaki, fairfield IL) know their stuff and will gladly let me order stuff over the phone so I only have to drive down there once. They don't keep every part in stock (that'd be near impossible for a small town dealer) but they can get pretty much anything in 2-3 days. ?

I'll deffinatly be buying future bikes from these guys.

It is a SoCal thing, bro. Chaparral ran me through this ringer over speedometer lights. Made me drive down, wait in line for 45 minutes and pay for them., then come back another day and do it again.

Why?

They did not want to "chance it" and possibly be out..............................................

......................A dollar and 17 friggin cents. ? :cry: ??? :cry:

I checked 3 dealerships in my area and none of them carried any jets at all. When they offered to order them I quickly refused. Why would I let them order them, wait for the parts, and pay whatever the full retail list price if for them?

Call the TT store and order them from there. I've ordered jets twice from Thumpertalk, and both times I was impressed with them. The jets I needed were in stock, and they shipped them out very quickly.

And this is the reason I drive 100 miles instead of 5 to go pick up a new bike. I wouldn't go to my local dealer to buy a spark plug much less a bike, pretty sure you have to be ignored there for at least an hour before they will talk to anyone there unless they are looking at a four wheeler. If its a four wheeler they meet you in the parking lot.

When I was looking for the boy a bike, actually caught the owner coming by, asked him about a bike to fit him, he was standing there, just said jr50 suzuki under 10 and kept on walking. To bad the seat hit him about the knees. For some reason I didn't buy it. ?