2004 HondaCRF250X jetting

Im new here so bare with me. I have read a lot of questions and answers about jetting the 250 X. Is there a performance advantage with the JD kit over standard larger jets? If so how much difference? By rejetting and modifying the airbox and uncorking the stock exhaust how much is gained over bone stock (this is a ca model). I hope to hear that it makes a significant difference because the performance of this bike is dissapointing. My son did not expect the same pipe hit feel of his KTM125SX but I think the honda power may be closer to my daughters crf230 than the 125SX. Were willing to work with it though. Any advise would be appreciated. PS Whats with the pink wire?

Honda has jetted the CA model real lean. Just rejetting with any jets will help alot. I used the JD kit and love it. If you have read the magazine articles the exhuast helps but I don't think it is worth all the money for what you get. I am running an X with the air box cut, re-jetted and a STOCK exhuast. Love it. Rejetting has helped alot with power and the hesitation is completely gone. Re-jet and try the free modds first to see the difference. Add hop-up as you require.

I run the SoCal desert about 3,000' elevation and it is set for 60-80 degrees. Right now I am running a 155 main, stock pilot, JD red needle in the 4th position, and 2 turns out on the fuel screw. Again I have only removed the top of the air box. Everything else is STOCK.

I also changed my jetting to a 158 main, red needle 5th position, 2 1/4 turns out and cut top of my airbox. I generally run 2-4000' elevation and the kit did make a big difference. If I had known more about jetting I may have played with it on my own and saved a little money, but the recommendations with this kit were dead on for me. Good luck.