Sign in to follow this  

spokes breaking?

hey everybody, i have a 2000 xr100 bought new, and the back spokes keep on breaking, last time, me and my dad replaces some spokes and just a little wile ago, 3 spokes broke, does anybody know what the problem could be? i thought i was too heavy for it, or i am killing it on the trails, i only weigh 125lbs

Yeah, your killing it on the trails. I ran into the same problem on my 2001 XR100. I was taking it out and riding it like a race bike on the track. Everytime I'd go out for a 5 lap session, I'd come in with 3 to 5 spokes broken. I had to spend the money and buy a set of Buchanan spokes for the bike. This fixed the problem 100%. I can now beat the S#!@ out of the bike and I don't even losen spokes at all! :cry: Here is the link you can go to if you want to buy a set of Buchanan's for your bike. Good Luck! :cry:

http://www.buchananspokes.com/spokes.htm

check to make sure your stock spokes are tight before every race. I've seen rims taco from loose spokes. I've been running stocks for years and only broke a few. Just keep them tight and you'll be ok.