Sign in to follow this  

Let's ride - October 2nd, 8th and 9th

Hey guys and gals,I don't know how many of you have already planned rides for any of those days but maybe we could hook up and have some fun.

I want to ride the mountains as long as this weather holds up. I want to do Taneum again and wouldn't mind doing lake Wenatchee again also. Any takers? Or any rides planned that I can join? :cry:

nick

Already going to head down to Eddieville for their open pactice weekend on the 2nd, but the 9th sounds like a good idea. I would like to hit Lk Wenatchee again, but Taneum would be good to :cry:

My neighbor and I should be heading back to Taneum this weekend. Last Saturday he fouled a plug in his CR250 so we need to address his jetting before any long excursions.

I'll keep you posted.

Greg

OMT, we are headed to the GPNF Sunday AM for a ride. If your not afraid (Mt St Helens) of a volcano, swing by! You can see me get my brand new 04 WR450F dirty for the first time! :cry:

I tain't afraid of the Volcano but I don't ride on Sundays. I'm in worship services on that day. :cry:

My neighbor and I should be heading back to Taneum this weekend. Last Saturday he fouled a plug in his CR250 so we need to address his jetting before any long excursions.

I'll keep you posted.

Greg

Yep, let me know.

As long as the weather stays dry, I'll be at Lake Wenatchee the weekend of the 9th and 10th, actually it doesn't matter if it's dry, just as long as the trails are open. Plan on heading out to Entiat via Shetipo(sp) or North Tommy, back by way of Middle Tommy. Then maybe heading out to Tyee lookout on sunday, or vice versa. Nick, you and any other TT'er are more then welcome.

October 2nd @ Taneum might be just what the Doctor ordered. I feel very inadequate as a rider and my bike is old, but it keeps running. As long as the trails are not rated "Difficult", I would be interested in meeting other riders and being part of a group. I have no qualms about meeting snowmobile riders on the internet, then meeting for a ride, but I have confidence on the snow. I am a little timid on the bike yet and do not want to hold people up or be the straggler/stranger. BTW, I also never ride on Sundays, so a ride on Saturday would be perfect. The weather looks great. I will check back tomorrow and see if I can make it.

Ivan

Ivan, we always wait at the intersection for the slower riders. Don't feel like your holding anyone up cause you won't be. We like meeting new riders and there are all levels of riders when we have a large group. Just be a part of the group no need to feel self conscience about anything. I am not nor ever have been a very fast rider though I improve all the time. I learned that it didn't bother anyone else so it should not be a big deal to me. You don't realize how often folks just want someone to ride with, thats what is important. Am I right guys?

Oh yeah, keep in mind that others can help you in the difficult areas if your willing to try. When I started riding 7 years ago my partner was way better than me. He wanted to do the hard stuff and he pushed me to try. When I couldn't make it he would help me out so he worked a lot harder on every ride than he would have alone. He didn't want to be alone so it was worth it to him. He improved me a 1000 fold as a rider. I'm thankful.

October 2nd @ Taneum might be just what the Doctor ordered. I feel very inadequate as a rider and my bike is old, but it keeps running. As long as the trails are not rated "Difficult", I would be interested in meeting other riders and being part of a group. I have no qualms about meeting snowmobile riders on the internet, then meeting for a ride, but I have confidence on the snow. I am a little timid on the bike yet and do not want to hold people up or be the straggler/stranger. BTW, I also never ride on Sundays, so a ride on Saturday would be perfect. The weather looks great. I will check back tomorrow and see if I can make it.

Ivan

Tim and I will be at Lake Wenatchee the weekend of Oct. 8. We'll be staying at Goose Creek as usual. Hope to see you there.

We always wait at the intersection for the slower riders. Am I right guys? Oh yeah, keep in mind that others can help you in the difficult areas if your willing to try.

I can attest to that. I surely wouldn't have made it around Manastash in the mud a few weeks ago without a little help, for which I am eternally grateful. Even though I was slow man out, I learned a ton and even started feeling it by the end (it was my first real trail ride). I can't wait to ride again with these guys/gals. Except for a few embassing (read: stupid) moments, I never got too down on myself. No one ever made me feel unwelcome. In fact, quite the contrary.

Hopefully, Jason and I will catch up with you folks on one of these early October rides.

If anyone will be going to Taneum 10/2, I will be there. Just let me know the time. I will be leaving from Kent Sat. am, and I suppose that it will take a little over 2 hours to get to Taneum.

Let me know. I am looking forward to my first official group trail ride.

I was planning on Manastash but I think I'll try Taneum on 10/2. I want to test out my GPS setup anyway so might as well try it there. I've never ridden at Taneum. Minglewood was thinking they might head up also.

My buddy has a bad back so we'll probably just take it easy and do out and back runs. Have to test my jetting also on the X.

But, we should be up there to see who's riding. I might even be able to make it by 9 or 10.

I can plan to be there @ 9 if that works. I need practice with my GPS also. Is there any place to download trail routes?

What time are people meeting tomorrow?

Where specifically at Taneum Junction?

What vehicles does everyone drive?

I am planning on being there around 9:30 or so in my White F-150 with a Husky 250 on the back.

Greg

I can plan to be there @ 9 if that works. I need practice with my GPS also. Is there any place to download trail routes?

I just made some routes on my topo software but it has too many waypoints so I'm just going to use mine to mark my route and make my own waypoints on the trail. I'll then transfer it to my computer to see where I went on the map.

I use Topo 3D Quads from Delorme which is pretty good except for the high number of waypoints it wants to send to the GPS. I haven't figured a way to tell it to use less. But I use Garmin Mapsource to put the actual maps on the GPS.

We'll be in the blue Honda Pilot with my WR250 (TT stickers) and my CRF250X on the trailer. I should be there by 10. Hope to see you there.

Black s-15 with the XT in the back. I use a Garmin Rino and have Garmnin, Delorme and TOPO software. Delorme is fun to put your tracks on so you can do the 3d stuff.

I will shoot for 9-9:30.